Home

Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game?

This is a discussion on Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game?

Hello,
Can someone with the Playstation 2 version of the game tell me if Division II team Angelo State is in the game?
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
Rookie

eskimo's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game?

They're not. No D2 teams are. Kinda sucks, seeing as how D2 is ar better than 1-AA. I create GVSU and Tuskegee every year and a couple others.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game?

I'm sure it's an internet urban legend, sort of like how Mt. Union was supposedly in one of the PS1 versions of NCAA football if you accomplished some unobtainable goal or how UNC and Georgetown were in Coach K College Basketball by the same means.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo
They're not. No D2 teams are. Kinda sucks, seeing as how D2 is ar better than 1-AA. I create GVSU and Tuskegee every year and a couple others.
Okey dokey, thanks!

I'm playing the Xbox 360 version. I sure do miss create-a-team. I may have to pick up the PS2 version after the used version has gone down in price.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I'm sure it's an internet urban legend, sort of like how Mt. Union was supposedly in one of the PS1 versions of NCAA football if you accomplished some unobtainable goal or how UNC and Georgetown were in Coach K College Basketball by the same means.

I can see it now; mass hysteria ensuing when people find out about Angelo State being a hidden team; stores can't keep the game in the stock, prices skyrocket...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules

I can see it now; mass hysteria ensuing when people find out about Angelo State being a hidden team; stores can't keep the game in the stock, prices skyrocket...
Moreso some loser who has only ever seen a girl decides to create an internet rumor so that he can actually feel important for three seconds.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 AM   #7
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo
??? D-2 is better than 1-AA? I think you are confused on the classification. There are two types of D-1AA schools (scholarship and non-scholarship) You are right in the fact that the non-scholarship schools (such as Valparaiso) athleticly are much like D3 programs because obviously they cannot give scholarships. However, the scholarship schools (which represent the vast majority of 1-AA schools) are the ones who compete for the 1-AA National championships each year (think Montana, Georgia Southern, New Hampshire). They are also the teams that play the 1-A opponents each year early in the season. Case in point, when is the last time a D-2 team played a 1A team?

Also, most scholarship 1-A teams have much the same athletes on the first team that 1-A schools have (see Montana St. vs. Colorado this year). The problem they run into is their depth, as they are only allowed I believe 54 scholarships to the 70-80 that D-1A schools are allowed. D-2 on the other hand only gets I believe 36 scholarships per year. As you can see you would expect a fall off in talent in each division.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen
??? D-2 is better than 1-AA? I think you are confused on the classification. There are two types of D-1AA schools (scholarship and non-scholarship) You are right in the fact that the non-scholarship schools (such as Valparaiso) athleticly are much like D3 programs because obviously they cannot give scholarships. However, the scholarship schools (which represent the vast majority of 1-AA schools) are the ones who compete for the 1-AA National championships each year (think Montana, Georgia Southern, New Hampshire). They are also the teams that play the 1-A opponents each year early in the season. Case in point, when is the last time a D-2 team played a 1A team?

Also, most scholarship 1-A teams have much the same athletes on the first team that 1-A schools have (see Montana St. vs. Colorado this year). The problem they run into is their depth, as they are only allowed I believe 54 scholarships to the 70-80 that D-1A schools are allowed. D-2 on the other hand only gets I believe 36 scholarships per year. As you can see you would expect a fall off in talent in each division.
To be fair, Valdosta State took FA(I)U behind the woodshed a couple of years ago, the same year they went to the D1-AA Tournament. Some upper tier D2 schools, like Valdosta and Pittsburgh St. (KS) could readily compete in D1-AA at a high level, and are probably better than a lot of D1-AA teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »