Home

How's your dynasty going?

This is a discussion on How's your dynasty going? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2006, 02:52 PM   #33
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: How's your dynasty going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocanes44
It was certainly odd rudy. When I beat Ohio state 24-21 in OT I even didnt save it because I thought it was unrealistic, so then I played them again and beat them 34-10! Again I went back and simmed it just to see what would happen and Illinois won 28-9....I ended up just keeping the 28-9 simmed game because I didnt feel like playing them a 3rd time.

btw my run block is at 20 and the cpu break block is at 50..
Is this the first year of Illinois in a dynasty or just your first year with Illinois in an existing dynasty? I'm assuming this is on AA. That is impressive.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #34
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocanes44
It was certainly odd rudy. When I beat Ohio state 24-21 in OT I even didnt save it because I thought it was unrealistic, so then I played them again and beat them 34-10! Again I went back and simmed it just to see what would happen and Illinois won 28-9....I ended up just keeping the 28-9 simmed game because I didnt feel like playing them a 3rd time.

btw my run block is at 20 and the cpu break block is at 50..
I've noticed other sliders not making sense as well. For example my Defense somehow grabs WAY more interceptions now that I've dropped Awareness to 30 and Interceptions to 0. Sure, my talent is better than previous years, but no way should I be picking off an average of 3 passes per game.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #35
Rookie

First year Illinois Team. Moved Derrick Mcpherson to CB before starting the dynasty, he is an 82. Also created Juice Williams, who started every game at a 75 rating.

To be honest, it was one of the more fun seasons, and one I think I will remember forever which included a 18 pt comeback with 2 mins left vs Wisconsin and a 7-6 win over Clemson in the title game, blocking their 40 yd FG as time expired. I am excited to see how the second season goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2006, 12:59 AM   #36
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Im using fistofrages heisman sliders on Xbox 1 and dynasty mode is a bitch. Went 6-6 my first year (no bowl invite) and then had the 61st best recuiting class cause of my lame 2 star prestige which didnt go up cause I guess my final ranking for the season was too low. I only had 5 senior starters graduate so for the 2007 season my team is now a B+ OVR with B+ OFF and B DEF. However I might not even win 6 games this year cause i just lost my opener to Louisville 30-10. I still gotta play Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Georgia, Tennesee, Arkansas and they are all rated either A-, A, or A+ OVR. Im gonna have to upset 2 of them to make it to the 7 wins I need to go to a bowl game and save my job.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #37
Rookie

Some of you that are having alot of success running the ball and thinking the game is too easy. What is the CPU's tackle slider set at in your dynasty?

What I've found in my dynasty tests is the Tackle slider actually dictates how well the CPU team reacts to the ball on running plays. If you are thinking it is too easy, try raising the CPU tackle slider to around 75-85. (This is on AA level, not sure what it would turn out to be on Heisman.)
Old 09-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #38
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm using Iowa State, on current gen with the_future's Heisman sliders. I just finished my first season (12-2, losses to UNLV and Texas, Big XII Championship win over Oklahoma and Fiesta Bowl victory over Cal). I got the #5 recruiting class and am now ready to begin Year 2, preseason ranking of 20. I'm gonna adjust the sliders against me a bit and place some recruiting holdbacks on me for this season. After this year and year 3 I'm gonna head to a lowly school to build them up (unless ISU falls in that time... although they wouldn't want to keep me if that happened.)

Bret Meyer and Todd Blythe are both 1st team All-American and on the Heisman watch list.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon9 Re: How's your dynasty going?

My strange dynasty with Tulane continues...i've lost to Houston and beaten Rice & UTEP in single & double OT respectively, plus Marshall played me very close until about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter...so conference play has been successful but a serious challenge...on the other hand...

...i beat ISU (51-10) and i beat LSU in Baton Rouge (56-0) and Auburn at Auburn (28-17)...it seems like my team plays MUCH better out of conference...which is a little disappointing...i guess i'll schedule weaker opponents in the OOC Schedule to make it more realistic...
Old 09-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #40
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
My strange dynasty with Tulane continues...i've lost to Houston and beaten Rice & UTEP in single & double OT respectively,...

i beat LSU in Baton Rouge (56-0) and Auburn at Auburn (28-17).
This is the problem I have had in my dynasty. Games just don't make sense. I understand that upsets happen, and things don't always play out according to plan. But in '07 things are consistantly wacky....takes away the realism for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »