Home

What position do you control?

This is a discussion on What position do you control? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Jump the Snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hate the new JTS feature! Its far too easy on AA to run over CPU offensive lineman when using it. If you bump up the sliders to account for that, your CPU defensive lineman teammates won't sniff the QB. Furthermore, it just exposes the bad player interaction AI in that DL usually slide past OL when they beat them (in real life), they don't just run them over (in EA's games). They need to let us turn off this horrible feature next year and tweak it to make it more realistic. They need to implement an "average jump" which should occur the majority of the time and neither offense or defense gets an advantage.
Okay, okay, I can understand that. It is like the pancake offensive stat, totally unrealistic.

EA should allow people to turn it off.

However, it has given me more control, so it has made the game more fun for me. (I suck at controlling defensive backs.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23
Re: What position do you control?

MLB on a blitz package, but usually D-line.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Defensive end about 90%
5% D tackle
5% LB
Old 09-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #28
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hate the new JTS feature! Its far too easy on AA to run over CPU offensive lineman when using it. If you bump up the sliders to account for that, your CPU defensive lineman teammates won't sniff the QB. Furthermore, it just exposes the bad player interaction AI in that DL usually slide past OL when they beat them (in real life), they don't just run them over (in EA's games). They need to let us turn off this horrible feature next year and tweak it to make it more realistic. They need to implement an "average jump" which should occur the majority of the time and neither offense or defense gets an advantage.
That's the real problem. JTS wouldn't be as bad if the interaction occured realistically. Lineman, both sides of the ball, have been getting bowled over in this series for at least 3 years now.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #29
Y** d*s*rv* *t b*g f*ll*!

jtbleek's Arena

OVR: 6

I like rushing the passer the most so bout 90% of the time I'm the DT (I use weakside if I have a 4-man front). I'll switch to nearest DB if the QB throws. The other 10% I'll usually use a blitzing guy or a spy, depends on what the offense has been doing. I suck at trying to cover guys.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #30
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

well I run the 3-4 and i control the defensive tackle, because that way i can take on two blockers, and free up my linebackers, to make plays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »