Home

What position do you control?

This is a discussion on What position do you control? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What position do you control?

I have the 360 version and to tell you the truth, I've become very frustrated controlling the D-Line. I time the snap perfectly about 80% percent of the time and yet I can get no pressure on the QB. I would like to start playing as my LBs or safeties if possible. I'm just curious, but what position do you guys play with on defense and which one have you had the most success with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: What position do you control?

I'm playing with my D-Line right now in an attempt to avoid messing up my linebackers and let them rack up some tackle stats. I might have to start playing with my safeties though, but I have a lot of problem with angles on this game so far this year.

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I use a LB 95% of the time and safeties the other 5%.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

I always start with the FS. Sometimes I'll switch midplay if I see someone getting ready to get burned.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Mainly a LB but significant time at S as well. On 3rd and long I will take a DL on occasion as well. I will only take a safety in man to man defenses though. If I call zone, it will always be a LB and I usually take the weakside or middle LB. The strongside LB gets tangled up in traffic too much for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Almost always my free safety. On occasion I'll control an LB but I get burned too often on short psases because the "swat ball" feature sucks - the guy usually tries to swat the ball down two seconds too late.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
D-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre81
I have the 360 version and to tell you the truth, I've become very frustrated controlling the D-Line. I time the snap perfectly about 80% percent of the time and yet I can get no pressure on the QB. I would like to start playing as my LBs or safeties if possible. I'm just curious, but what position do you guys play with on defense and which one have you had the most success with?
I started my dynasty with SJSU, D rated, about #109 in the nation. Opponents could score over 50 points against me, and there seemed to be nothing I could do. As I played with the nose tackle, I started noticing something positive for my defense. Obviously, when I got a "great jump" and pancaked the center, I would have a chance to sack the QB, but even when the center held his ground, and I was locked up in a blocking battle, my AI defenders seemed to play better.

Now I am in season 2014 and it still works (except when the CPU is determined to score). I do not always play with the d-line, sometimes I manually rush a LB. But I always try to jump the snap, even if I do get a few offsides.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 62

It depends on the situation. If I am expecting run, I control a DT or weak side DE. If I expect a deep pass, I take safety to the short side of the field. If I expect an intermediate pass, I take the MLB.

If I need a sack no matter the situation, I take the weak side DE.

If I am blitzing a Nickel or Dime back, I take him. I never take an outside CB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »