Home

Recruiting Interest

This is a discussion on Recruiting Interest within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #17
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Recruiting Interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That is very honourable but I just don't have the self-control to hold back in recruiting lol. I've thought about house rules but I just can't do it. I think they are more necessary if you want to stay with a team for a long time. I started with Wake Forest (B or B+) in the ACC and I'm still a B+ team in year four but the seeds have been planted. Once I win a national championship (hopefully I can make a strong run in 2 years) I will quit and take an SEC team and start over. I haven't won the ACC yet so I still have some work to do but my depth is finally where I am fairly comfortable and my offense just needs more experience.
To me that's one of the best things about this game, it can be played a number of different ways.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:46 PM   #18
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I've never scouted a player in this game, if they are interested, I recruit them. I just don't really like taking the time to scout everybody, I just want to hurry up and get to my next season..

But I think I might try an offseason with scouting to see what it's like. So in week one, do a lot of you scouters not offer any scholarships? Do you just scout lots of players and then decide from them who to start offering scholarships to in the next weeks? Do you not lose any of the 5* players to other teams by not doing anything for them in week 1? Or do you scout a lot, and then use the extra points to have your coach call them or something, just to keep them interested?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #19
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
To me that's one of the best things about this game, it can be played a number of different ways.
Agreed.

I can't hold back in recruiting that well either. I don't limit the number of four and five star players I go after like some players do. I do have some rough rules that I try to abide by, though. I don't take more people than I have spots for. I also try to recruit my region very heavily -- I love the feeling of locking up in state recruits and winning with that talent.

Quote:
Do you just scout lots of players and then decide from them who to start offering scholarships to in the next weeks? Do you not lose any of the 5* players to other teams by not doing anything for them in week 1? Or do you scout a lot, and then use the extra points to have your coach call them or something, just to keep them interested?
I scout everyone. If I like the look of a recruit after I scout them, I offer them a schollie and have my assistant coach call them. Players that you scout act as if you have offered them a schollarship with a Program Prestige pitch. So even if I don't offer them, they will act like they have been offered and their interest will adjust accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Do you not lose any of the 5* players to other teams by not doing anything for them in week 1?
If I have a five star guy interested in me, I scout him. If I like what I see, I offer him.

You can recover with recruits if you don't jump right on them in week one, though.

Last edited by Mr. Rad; 09-26-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #20
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rad
If I have a five star guy interested in me, I scout him. If I like what I see, I offer him.

You can recover with recruits if you don't jump right on them in week one, though.
Oh that's right, I forgot. It doesn't take all week to scout someone does it? It's a pretty much instantaneous scouting report. I was thinking you marked them as someone to scout and in between the weeks they would be scouted, but it tells you immediately during the week what the scout result are doesn't it? Like I said, I really have never scouted players...

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #21
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Oh that's right, I forgot. It doesn't take all week to scout someone does it? It's a pretty much instantaneous scouting report. I was thinking you marked them as someone to scout and in between the weeks they would be scouted, but it tells you immediately during the week what the scout result are doesn't it? Like I said, I really have never scouted players...
Like Mr. Rad's been saying tho, even if you don't offer them a scholarship in week 1 if you scouted them in week 1 then in week 2 it will be treated as tho you offered them a scholarship with PP as the pitch. At the very least it will maintain their interest and quite often it will increase their interest.

In week 2 rescan the recruits, when you see the guys that have lost interest, those are guys that you have a legitimate shot at getting if you either scout them or officially make an offer to them.

By being "smart" with your points in the 1st 2 weeks, you can get the best recruits for your money. All this stuff is really well explained in that long guide on gamefaqs.com. Using the strategies from the guide, I hardly ever lose out on a recruit I target.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Nevermind. I found it.

Last edited by jello1717; 09-26-2006 at 05:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »