Home

Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2006, 10:45 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

I didn't take the time to go through all four pages so some of these may be duplicates.

anyway here goes-

How about the option to use your created signs for created teams. The only games in which I can use them are conference championship games and bowl games in which I am the home team. This is so easy to fix, that the programmers and testers should be publicly slapped.

accelerated clock should be implelemented so you can play full 15 minute qtrs and get more realistic stats and not take 2 hours to play.

Medical Redshirts- There is nothing more annoying than losing a Senior Stud in the first QTR of the first game of the season with a torn rotator cuff and gone for the year. If a player has played in 8 Quarters or more then no medical redshirt. This is just obvious and should be fixed immediately.

Fix the Prevent Defense- I have been burnt several times DEEP running the PREVENT defense. Somehow the computer gets one on one coverage when I have 6 DB's on the field?? Make the Prevent defense exactly what it should be and have all the DB's go deep and double any WR/TE that go deep. This is really annoying and should be fixed. I can understand wacky plays on Hail Mary's, tipped balls, etc... but when the CPU sends 3 guys on Fly patterns and at least 1 is running down the field in single coverage...it is just dumb.

Schedule Reference Option- For people that play dynasty, I would like to be able to reference previous seasons and at least see the results from games in previous seasons. For example- go to the schedule option and press a button and give the option to look at previous years schedules and results. You don't need to save any other info than final score. I am sure this wouldn't be that difficult to put together.

Develop Rivals in the preseason. If you play the same teams preseason or perhaps have a great home and home series you should be able to develop a rivalry game. No trinkets necessary just a rivalry game. I always play home and home with Boise State (Blue Turf is fun to look at) and I should have developed a rivalry with them quite some time ago.

Please someone add in game saves. There is nothing more annoying than blowing out the sisters of the blind by 40 points at halftime only to shut it off because something comes up and you have to leave. You have to play the whole game again.

Someone please add the ability to simulate to the end of a game. If you are getting rolled up by a team (30+ points) in the 4th qtr and just want to finish the game and take your loss, you should have the ability to simulate to the end and save the time lost while getting beat down.

Well that is it for now.....I wonder if anyone important notices this stuff.

Too bad today's superstars don't feel this way about the game...
Old 10-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #34
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
They need more options in practice mode. I want to be able to pick a random play, but maybe have them all be pass plays. Madden has this option.

I like that. I also like Stanley's suggestions of accelerated clock and developing rivalries.

I don't mind the money thing added as long as I can turn it off. I just like to deal with on field issues although it would be nice to put additions on the stadium. Playing in front of 30,000 people sucks.

Edit: I would also like some of the new ratings brought into the series but I doubt anything will happen with that. Having short/medium/long accuracy for QBs and some of the new 360 ratings would be cool. Heck, even adding a kick return rating would be nice.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 10-27-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #35
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

There are multiple gameplay issues that are great here. I have always wondered why is it so hard to have "real" cold wear gear for teams. I know it rarely snows in dynasty, but in real life, even Miami has been forced to throw on long sleeves, high socks, and hand warmers for cold games. This has always just been one of those issues for me outside of gameplay,stadiums,playbooks, etc. It wears me to see Michigan playing in twenty degree weather against Ohio State, and both teams are wearing non-existant socks. Towards November, almost every QB in the nation is wearing a hand warmer, aka muff, around their waist. If you can put a nike sign on a jersey, you can definitely add real life features to the players in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #36
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I was going to stop reading after the first post which include IMO the most "must fixes" for next year.

Here are a few that probably won't happen, but it would be nice:

PC Version

For the XBOX version would it be possible to sharpen the graphics and colors? It seems that EVERY EA game on the XBOX hasa grey mist running on top of the graphics. The darks are too dark and the lights are too light.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

One further note on the fact that the CPU never misses field goals wide left or right in this game. EA should go back to the timing system OR use a moving target arrow like 2K used to have in their games. Right now every time you line up for a kick between the hashes, you just have to push up and down on the R-stick to make the kick 100% of the time. Well if the accuracy/target arrow we use for where we want to kick the ball (and its height) had a drift to it like 2K5 used, the kicks would be much harder and more realistic. This way they could still keep the R-stick if they wanted to.

Just to pound home the point, make sure the CPU FG accuracy slider works on ALL levels EA! You couldn't get the CPU kickers to miss on Heisman in '06 either. Kickers should miss on all levels. Make the actual gameplay harder but I see no reason to change the CPU kicking game on any level.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:58 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

At the end of the season, when it's time to renew your contract, accept an extension or look for a new job, you should be able to save and come back to it later.

The decision to leave a school is not something that you should have to think about real quick then make a decision.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #39
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm sure this will never happen since EA will soon be charging for alternate uniforms... but create-a-alternate uniform would be cool.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

didn't read everyone else's, so apologies to the ones i've copied:

1. Coaching attributes are a must; prestige doesn't cut it. This would really influence the outcome of games (i.e. Ohio State v. Michigan, because Tressel owns Carr)
2. ESPN the Magazine during recruiting (this wouldn't be that hard)
3. Allow coaches to kick players off of the team so they don't keep getting suspended and hurting your discipline level
4. Have busts and surprises from recruits (this happens in real life, not all 5 star recruits end up superstars at their respective programs (i.e. Willie Williams from the U)
5. More natural occurences (fumbled snaps, bad snaps, players reaching for extra yardage, players tackled by their jerseys, etc.)
6. Enhanced spring mode (individual workouts to improve ratings, practices to build unity, etc.)
7. Assistant coaches (I'm not expecting OL coaches, but at least offensive and defensive coordinators. Also, every time you hire a new coordinator or coach, have it take a while for the team to learn the new system, i.e. Florida with Urban Meyer)
8. Weather effecting the game (slips in mud and rain, dropped snaps and passes in the cold and wetness)
9. Different styles for different players (have the quarterbacks throw the ball differently, not all the same; speed running backs more agile, power backs with more authority)
10. Different player models (every receiver looks the same, so I'd like to see a receiver look like Greg Carr (6'6", 200) who looks like a beanpole, and stockier receivers (Dwayne Jarrett) look bigger. This also works with quarterbacks and running backs)
11. Updatable rosters (Ray Rice is a 78!!! And Sam Keller and Rhett Bomar are off their teams)
12. Medical Redshirts (Steve Slaton broke his leg in his senior year in my franchise)
13. Realistic celebrations (Not asking for much, just more than 5 players on the field after the game maybe some press and fans)
14. PENALTIES!!!! (even with the penalty sliders all the way up in one of my games (7 min. quarters) there was one penalty the whole game. Also, have ACTUAL penalties! When they call holding and you go the replay, THERE IS NO HOLDING!!! They just make it up! I don't care if you have to steal NFL 2K5's penalty system, just get something in there)
15. Less drops (WR catching at 99%, and still 8 drops in one HALF by my receivers)
16. Better conference movement (I know this will never happen, but instead of my team being asked to join the Big 10 to replace Northwestern, why don't they just add my team for a 12 total teams and create a conference championship?)
17. The AD option (Not all out owner mode, but the ability to create new stadiums and new jerseys and logos would be nice)\
18. In-Season Recruiting (Not very fun, needs to be improved by letting you view their stats from games or have actual conversations)
19. Better DB animations (I'm tired of going up to get a pick, only to have my DB still running and weakly throw his hands in the air, allowing the receiver to make the catch easily)\
20. Better Hit Stick (is it just me or was the hit stick on a HUGE delay for the XBOX?)
21. Gang Tackling (Tired of 4 and 5 yard gains by the RB when I hit them at the line of scrimmage)
22. DL System (I know, this is crazy. Have the abilty to control your right ends hands with the thumbsticks, so you can shed blocks or do swim moves (kind of like lead blocker))
23. Better presentation (new commentary, Gameday, yada yada)
24. SportsCenter In-Game (This would be great. If after a play, they bring in someone to give you an update on #1 USC losing to an unranked opponent in the 4th, or a clip of a ND touchdown pass to give them the lead in the 2nd half)
25. Rename stadiums (Probably not likely, but wouldn't it be cool to rename Beaver Stadium Paterno Stadium, or Doak Campbell Bowden Stadium?)
26. Better poll movement (I was #18 Rutgers in Dynasty, and beat #1 West Virginia (both were undefeated) in week 12, and moved to #16. WTF?)
27. Better Heisman presentation (I'd rather have no presentation rather than the crap they have now)
28. FG kicking (I had the CPU FG accuracy at 0%, and FG length at 25%, and boom, 3/3 from 38, 41, and 48)
29. Reverses (Make them work!!! They don't work now because the receivers cant hold a block for more than 2 seconds, and it takes too slow to develop)
30. Composure (needs to be a rating, enough said)
31. New Rivalries (If I'm San Diego State, and we play UCLA four or five years in a row, with really close games, make it a rivalry)
32. Coach Rivalries (Who wouldn't love a gameday that featured Bowden-Spurrier, or Weis-Carroll?)
33. Deaths and retirements (Sad but true. Occasionally, a player dies in an off-field incident, or a coach retires of old age)
34. Matchups (have teams that are weak on offense against a 3-4 defense, or a defense that can't stop the option, etc.)

skull_flower's Myspace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »