Home

Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official NCAA 2008 Wishlist (Xbox 360)

This is the second part fellas please read and let me know if these are good ideas.
Recruiting Wishlist

ENHANCE RECRUITING...in this game, unless you're at a top notch school, it seems as if it's almost impossible to fill out your class to 20-25 scholarship players of the guys you go after...also, there needs to be the ability to recruit sleeper picks...for instance, if you're recruiting a guy who is only a 2-star prospect but he runs a 4.3 forty-yard dash and his hands are A, he's obviously got the kind of talent to end up a playmaker on the next level...why does every 2-star prospect always turn out to be extremely low rated...obviously, most of the time these prospects aren't as talented as the upper-level players but there are some exceptions and this is a reason college football is so much fun

More recruiting information. EX Johnson excels in zone coverage better then man. Or Hart is a shifty runner that runs low to the ground or Mallet really like OC Mike Deboard, or Johnson and DC Ron English have grown close and etc.

We should not have to chose 12 set of recruits and keep those12. We should be able to recruit as many as we like in season. As we recruit players them and find out more info we should choose to keep going with guy or go get somebody else at his position.

Also recruits should keep in touch with the coaches as well. Like by email, or phone text. It could be like:
To: Pete Carroll
Subj: Checking In or Can I make an official

Hey coach Carroll I haven’t heard from you guys in a while, I was just wondering are you guys still interested in me as much as I am in USC. Or Hey coach I know I want to make an official so when is a good time to come up there.
Sincerely,
Ronald Johnson
Also in real life recruits have a choice of up to 5 officials not 3 and they don’t always commit after that visit they wait until they have taken all 5 visit. Plus we need December Graduates there are more each year.

Players due commit early but are not allowed to sign that LOI until sometime in February. So some schools can still pursue the players until that day. Some prospects even wait until that very day in February.

Players that commit early should be able to De-Commit and chose another program. For example Dan Wilson commits to Florida then coach Meyer quits or gets fired. Dan is mad and frustrated because his guy is gone and reopens his commitment.

For attributes add the SS time in the player profile which basically judges his agility.

Keep track of players drafted to the NFL and the position they play to use with recruiting EX. Every year a DB from Ohio State gets drafted recruits should know that and it can be a factor for them committing.

ABILITY TO HIRE AND FIRE ASSISTANT COACHES...if your secondary is getting torn up by other team's WR corps and your DB's coach isn't getting the job done, there needs to be an option where you can fire him and hire a new guy...also if you're going after a top recruit and he sees the secondary isn't producing, this should attract him so he'll know he has a better shot of going in right away and contributing as a true freshman...there should be an option of allowing you to hire assistants or head coaches away from other programs...for example, if you're a coach in a BCS conference and you want to fire your offensive coordinator, you should be able to hire in a new guy who was previously a head coach at a D-1AA school or somebody who was an assistant at another D-1 team

LET CERTAIN ASSISTANTS RECRUIT CERTAIN AREAS...never does a head coach do all the recruiting as the game suggests...if you bring in a new coach and he comes from Western Michigan, then he should be able to have recruiting grounds up there...as a result, there should be an option that lets him recruit guys from Michigan which would let you be able to have a better shot at getting them since you're coming from that area

GET RID OF THE RIDICULOUS FORTY-YARD DASH TIME...sorry, but in college football, there is NOBODY that runs a 4.16 or even close to it...yet in this game, you see 9 or 10 recruits every year that run this...the fastest a player runs is usually in the low 4.3's with the rare exception of the high 4.2's

LET RECRUITS PARTICIPATE IN NIKE CAMPS...this way, you could get laser-times stats such as somebody who went in saying he could run a 4.3...but in reality he ran a 4.56 laser timed dash and was actually 5-11 instead of being previously listed at 6 feet...this happens all the time in Nike camps and you also see kids who are said to be slow that really run faster forty-yard dashes or bench press 25 reps of 185 pounds and this can result in an offer from a college on the spot just based on their camp performance alone
Old 12-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #74
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

My only wish is for any added "feature" (ie jump the snap, momentum) be given an on/off option. I cannot stress this enough. I haven't played much on the 360, but on current gen, I'd have a perfect game on my hands IF I COULD TURN THESE THINGS OFF. We can already turn off Home Field Advantage, so I don't understand why these other add-ons weren't given the same option.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #75
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

NCAA should take a page from the way CHoops deals with coaches. They should have individual attributes for different phases of the game that you can improve with time. Tie that in with assistant coaches and the coaching carousel after each season, and you've got drastic improvements.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
NCAA should take a page from the way CHoops deals with coaches. They should have individual attributes for different phases of the game that you can improve with time. Tie that in with assistant coaches and the coaching carousel after each season, and you've got drastic improvements.
I agree. There should be offensive and defensive coordinators at the very least, and have it work pretty much like the carousel in CH does. It could be enhanced some more than it is in CH, though. Like have the ability for the coordinators ratings to actually improve, too. I'd also love to have the assistant/coordinator's alma mater listed, as well as tracking of all jobs they've had in the game. If an asst/coordinator was to get promoted to HC, I'd like to be able to view his track record getting there, including season by season W-L records, postseason results, etc.

If one of your coordinators left, I'd like to be able to hire a coordinator away from another school. If this was implemented, it would be nice to have, along with their ratings, tracking of the coordinator's stats, like for an OC his team's points/yardage per game, and defensive stats for a DC.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
I agree. There should be offensive and defensive coordinators at the very least, and have it work pretty much like the carousel in CH does. It could be enhanced some more than it is in CH, though. Like have the ability for the coordinators ratings to actually improve, too. I'd also love to have the assistant/coordinator's alma mater listed, as well as tracking of all jobs they've had in the game. If an asst/coordinator was to get promoted to HC, I'd like to be able to view his track record getting there, including season by season W-L records, postseason results, etc.

If one of your coordinators left, I'd like to be able to hire a coordinator away from another school. If this was implemented, it would be nice to have, along with their ratings, tracking of the coordinator's stats, like for an OC his team's points/yardage per game, and defensive stats for a DC.
Yes all this be just sweet. I would love it. a coach carousel i had that in my next update of wishlist which dealt with dynasty mode.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #78
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

I just want the stuff back that was in the Xbox versions. Classic teams and rosters, College Classics, Rivalry Games (with series stats), Mascot games, and actual celebration of rivalry trophies, Heisman, and National Championship.

Oh and update the damn commentary!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #79
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9

Got a couple here (sorry if they've already been posted):

Wazzu crimson helmets for away games (they are wearing only silver helmets in the game in '07).

Agree with the ability to turn off/on JTS. But as a former college d-lineman, I gotta say, get rid of it. No one in their right mind would attempt to JTS as much as it happens in '07. I see it at least once per series when I'm on offense. It's a gamekiller for me, because it doesn't allow for any flow on offense. The thing they should do for '08 is to have a rating for "get-off" by d-linemen. This is what creates penetration and blowing plays up in the backfield by the D-line. It has to do with being quick off the snap of the ball, not guessing the snap count.

Less interceptions, but especially defensive returns for TDs. I have on average 10-12 Defensive TDs per season, and give up several when I'm on offense also. This is unrealistic.

O-Lineman not getting blown-up routinely by D-Lineman and LBs on pass plays. I hardly ever see it during an NCAA game, but I see it 10-15 times per game in '07.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #80
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

change the player bodies they all look way too wide along with the jersey sleeves they just look off

senior bowl, senior bowl, senior bowl

high school all american camps and army all american game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »