Home

How long to win first National Championship?

This is a discussion on How long to win first National Championship? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How long to win first National Championship
1st Year 30 23.44%
2nd Year 12 9.38%
3rd Year 15 11.72%
4+ years 13 10.16%
Haven't won one yet 58 45.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: How long to win first National Championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
4th year? Auburn probably had Ben Tate as a HB. He was a monster for me, but left after his junior year so he didn't make it to my 4th year. I think I had a lot of good WRs that year too. My QB wasn't that great, but that's just because all the default roster QBs on Auburn's team, other than Brandon Cox, are pretty bad so I recruited a new one. You probably played against Blake Field as a QB. He progressed pretty good in my dynasty, but I never used him because I went with a freshman after Brandon Cox graduated.
I can't remember their names. Sad since I just played it last night but the offense was like an All-Star crew. The QB was a lefty. I don't remember the class of each player. There was no sense keying on any one player since everyone was so good.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

i won the national title with maryland my first year. then about 3 weeks ago i started a unc dynasty and was undefeated at 10-0 but felt guilty because there was no way in hell unc should be there so i simmed the nc state game and lost, now im 4-0 in my 2nd year.
both of these dynasties are set at heismen with the sliders slightly favoring the human.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Old 10-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am in my 4th year at Arkansas and have yet to sniff an SEC Championship Game. I think that I did win a NC with Michigan before I got my sliders challenging enough. But with a middle of the road SEC team, and the right sliders, I'm not sure that I will ever win a NC at Arkansas. I'm just hoping to play in an SEC Championship Game and get an offer from an elite school. I definitely think recruiting is harder in '07. My first year at Arkansas I went 9-4 and had a top 15 recruiting class, but a 5* kicker was my best recruit and one of only two 5* recruits that I got. Year 2, I had the #24 recruiting class, and in Year 3 I had the #16 class. In my fourth year I'm finally getting to the point where I might contend for an SEC Championship largely because Mustain and Damian Williams are awesome as seniors.

Last edited by t_diddy; 10-17-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I won one in my first year in an OSU dynasty, but thats not a big suprise there.

Now in my PSU dynasty, after losing 14-7 to OSU, I probably won't be able to make it. Which is disappointing, because I would have loved to win one with Posluszny and Hunt
Old 10-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I finally won the national championship with Missouri in my 4th year. That is the longest it has ever taken me to take home the title. The recruiting isn't any harder. I think the game is just more challenging on AA this year.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #14
Running of the Bulls

Macar91's Arena

OVR: 17

I won it my first year with Iowa. Tate put up great numbers and was in the Heisman race and Albert Young gave me great run production. My defense was huge as well, in the top 25 in the nation in total defense. My second year so far has been rough, but I'm 5-0 and Penn St. is coming to Kinnick. My offense is doing horrible, with Jason Christensen as my QB. I think I'm 80th in Pass offense and 30th in Run offense. My defense is doing good defending the pass, but horrible against the run. Now I'm getting into the Big Ten schedule and I'm thinking I'm gonna lose a few games.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #15
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm in the year 2010 and have yet to win it with Army. I now have a very good team, and have just beaten the #6 Aggies of Texas A&M, improving to 5-0. I had my best record last season, going 9-3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

My first year with Michigan, I was unbeaten and ranked #3 going into the Ohio State game. Of course, I lost and my NC hopes were dashed and I ended up losing my bowl game. My second year, Chad Henne and Mike Hart were huge for me and I went unbeaten to the NC game against Oklahoma. I ended up man-handling them. I am in 2011 now, and I have 2 national championships, but I am going for a third this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »