Home

In Season Recruits

This is a discussion on In Season Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
In Season Recruits

Is it just me or do most in-season recruits have lousy potential and discipline? I can't believe how many hooligans I have been letting into my program lately. I used to stop recruiting them once I see their discipline but I had about 6 guys targeted one time and 4 of them had poor discipline. No way I was only going to go after only 2 players. I realize they can't all be choir boys but it just seems that the better prospects in both categories are in the off-season. Maybe I have just been unlucky the last few years when selecting my 12 targets. I've had to suspend a few players this year in my otherwise squeaky clean program. Maybe its just because I'm in the ACC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: In Season Recruits

The only time I even pay attention to in-season recruiting is when I'm starting at a crappy program and I'm desperate for recruits.

Once I build my team into a powerhouse I don't even do the in-season recruiting because I've found that a majority of my busts came from there as opposed to the post season recruiting.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-31-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

In-season recruits are always rated lower than offseason recruits, which is why I usually only go after 4-5. I've seen ** players rated higher than **** who came from inseason recruiting. I don't know why that happens.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The only time I even pay attention to in-season recruiting is when I'm starting at a crappy program and I'm desperate for recruits.

Once I build my team into a powerhouse I don't even do the in-season recruiting because I've found that a majority of my busts came from there as opposed to the post season recruiting.
I've starting doing that as well.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
In-season recruits are always rated lower than offseason recruits, which is why I usually only go after 4-5. I've seen ** players rated higher than **** who came from inseason recruiting. I don't know why that happens.
I had a 4* SS from in-season recruiting come in at like a 72 OVR, and due to bad recruiting had to start him since the backup was like a 50 OVR walk-on.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2006, 02:19 PM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I probably haven't paid much attention to the in season recruiting to find the overall number of busts or whatever I've had, but I've got some stars from it. Probably also because i'm Army, but I got my vince young type QB out of that. A few years later, he can get up to the high 90's during a game with momentum points added to him.

I over recruited heavily on QB that year, and got like 3 QB's from in season recruiting alone. Then a few more came on during the offseason. I converted a bunch to other positions, and my backup is around 84 ovr and another one transferred after a year.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

I would have to say that the majority of the in-season recruits aren't as good as originally thought and do have both poor discipline and potential, but I have had a handful of true studs come out of it. I had a running back that I started as a true freshman and he was a 95 before he left after his junior year. I've also gotten plenty of great tight ends and linebackers from in-season recruiting.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think the one main advantage of in season recruiting is that I don't think the recruits care as much about your depth chart or playing style as much as the offseason. I find it easier to fill that tough recruiting spot in season sometimes rather than the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »