Home

Weirdest thing to happen to you in dynasty?

This is a discussion on Weirdest thing to happen to you in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2006, 04:32 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Weirdest thing to happen to you in dynasty?

this is actually pretty common on the 360. there are way too many 0 loss and 1 loss teams.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:51 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

for me, the weirdest thing was winning a game on a last second hail mary . when do those things ever work?? i was down 26-32 in kansas (i'm louisiana monroe), 9 seconds left on my own 19, i throw the hail mary and my 70 rated reciever comes down with it and bounces out of the wild pack of DBs and WRs for the 30 yard run to the endzone lol. it was crazy. i don't control recievers manually either so catching it was the CPUs doing. definitely the craziest thing that has happened so far in my dynasty
Old 11-23-2006, 10:14 PM   #11
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm down by 4, Stanford (me) vs. Cal in year 4 or so of my first Dynasty. :20 left, ball on my own 30. I pick Hail Mary, and I'm thinking "Geez, what the heck, let's see what we can get." I throw it up and my guy is WIDE OPEN - he catches it and takes off with nothing but green in sight.

Unfortunetely, it's my TE - with 65 speed. I see the safety flying around behind him and he is caught at the 3 yard line with about :10 left. I hurry up to call a spike (out of TOs) but instead of a spike, I choose to run a gurry up play instead by accident.

Thinking quickly on my feet, I choose to snap the ball and just press a random button right away. My stupidity makes me select the Throw Ball Away button, netting me a 15 yard penalty. Luckily enough, :02 remain on the clock.

2nd and goal, 2 seconds left. I'm down 4 with the ball on the 19 yard line. I choose - the option, of course. I snap the ball and have some room on the right side, a quick spin at the 15 gets me past the corner and it's 2-on-1 against the safety. I come up, I think I see him bite, so I pitch the ball. But he fooled me and the ball bounces off of his back and into the end zone.

It's a scramble for the ball, I'm switching-and-diving to get the TD. Cal gets there first, and the same guy who had the ball deflect off of him picks up the ball in the end zone. He prepares to take a knee, I can tell.

Suddenly by the grace of God my finger flicks the Hit Stick and my QUARTERBACK throws it down on this safety - and he fumbles the ball again! This time one of my guards dives on the ball - TOUCHDOWN STANFORD!!!

THE craziest finish I've ever been a part of, bar none.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2006, 04:24 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I'm down by 4, Stanford (me) vs. Cal in year 4 or so of my first Dynasty. :20 left, ball on my own 30. I pick Hail Mary, and I'm thinking "Geez, what the heck, let's see what we can get." I throw it up and my guy is WIDE OPEN - he catches it and takes off with nothing but green in sight.

Unfortunetely, it's my TE - with 65 speed. I see the safety flying around behind him and he is caught at the 3 yard line with about :10 left. I hurry up to call a spike (out of TOs) but instead of a spike, I choose to run a gurry up play instead by accident.

Thinking quickly on my feet, I choose to snap the ball and just press a random button right away. My stupidity makes me select the Throw Ball Away button, netting me a 15 yard penalty. Luckily enough, :02 remain on the clock.

2nd and goal, 2 seconds left. I'm down 4 with the ball on the 19 yard line. I choose - the option, of course. I snap the ball and have some room on the right side, a quick spin at the 15 gets me past the corner and it's 2-on-1 against the safety. I come up, I think I see him bite, so I pitch the ball. But he fooled me and the ball bounces off of his back and into the end zone.

It's a scramble for the ball, I'm switching-and-diving to get the TD. Cal gets there first, and the same guy who had the ball deflect off of him picks up the ball in the end zone. He prepares to take a knee, I can tell.

Suddenly by the grace of God my finger flicks the Hit Stick and my QUARTERBACK throws it down on this safety - and he fumbles the ball again! This time one of my guards dives on the ball - TOUCHDOWN STANFORD!!!

Holy crap, dude...That would be one of those moments that after all of the jumping around, and screaming is over, You would watch the replay 700 times just to see it all happen again.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

that makes my hail mary look like a normal play lol.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:

Wow! I wish I could have seen that!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

in an old dynasty i did with kansas state, boise state didn't lose a game for 4 or 5 seasons but never played in a bcs bowl. They had 50 something wins in a row and twice they got a cover that talked about there winning streak. They finally lost to oregon 37-34 in either the '11 or '12 season opener.

almost as odd, in one of my first dynasties i played when i first got the game, brady quinn got hurt and the irish went 0-12 for the year. Some other players got hurt to but quinn was the only one out for the season. This also sort of happened to texas once, like half there team got hurt and they finished 2-10 or 3-9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my dynasty with Oregon one of the players of the week was Auburn running back Kenny Irons. His stats were nothing short of UNBELIEVABLE!He had 89 carries with 550 or so yards and 8 touchdowns. I'm not sure what adjectives I should describe this with, but weird is definitely one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »