Home

CPU Running Project...

This is a discussion on CPU Running Project... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: CPU Running Project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Good fine man......that was actually my quick fix from last years ncaa, untill I took it farther and got pin point perfect.......

in fact im still in process of updating the settings for this year, here is a link
http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=42505

by the way, me and jase are in teaming up with them....he place the in a spread sheet and doing the math work while im counting number of plays in each teams playbook! LOOK

deep-mirrors.org/jaycube/jukeman.pdf
Good work, It takes alot of work and testing alot of games, but when you finally get it down, its worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #26
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thanks for testing them. You just have to get used to it, but I find it life-like as well. I actually get shaky sometimes with the game on the line. You really have to think about what plays you are calling, but you will get realistic stats.

Do you do slide blocking with your line. This is pretty important to stop an unblocked LB coming through and blowing up the play.

As far as the passing goes, I pick a primary receiver before the play even starts, I then have a #2, and then maybe a #3 checkdown, but I only focus on one side of the field. You don't usually have enough time to go through a whole progression, but sometimes I have all day depending on the DL I am playing against. I find that I can step up into the pocket. The other key is if the safeties creep up on a slant play, audible to send a WR on a fly rout. Throw the ball to the player on the fly. After a few times of doing that, the underneath routs open up, especially if you hit the big play.
Shaky doesn't begin to describe it...
I do slide block, not very good when it involves the run...I found that slide protection makes your lineman idiots and you free up a DT to take out your backs...I do slide protect inward(slide block down)though, if that makes any sense, during pass plays and it has helped me be able to step up in the pocket...
I typically pre-read defenses to get a feel of where the open spots for the passing game are. I don't neccessarily chose a #1,2,or 3 receiver, but instead use progression reads, if it is a deep enough drop...if not, I will 3 step drop and throw...Everything changes so quickly within in the game though, so it is hard to fully explain how I play...
Old 11-18-2006, 08:13 AM   #27
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Regarding the run percentages...

Is that condensed list you put together UN-ADJUSTED?

Those look like the real life percentages, which means we have to go back and add 5, 10, or 12 clicks, right?

Because I just played a bunch of games using just the listed percentages and I was expecting the CPU to run the ball...

They didn't.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Regarding the run percentages...

Is that condensed list you put together UN-ADJUSTED?

Those look like the real life percentages, which means we have to go back and add 5, 10, or 12 clicks, right?

Because I just played a bunch of games using just the listed percentages and I was expecting the CPU to run the ball...

They didn't.
Those are real life %

You need to add 5 % points for Balanced
10 % points for spread
12 % points for West Coast

Sorry for the confusion
Old 11-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #29
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

fistofrage, thanks for doing the research on this. If you make these run/pass ratio changes for all teams at the start of your dynasty, does it have an adverse effect on the realism of simulated game stats?

I'm wondering if I would be better off just changing my opponent's ratio before each game, and then changing it back afterwards.

Hopefully this idea works well with any sliders, because yours are way too brutal for me!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:59 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmus
fistofrage, thanks for doing the research on this. If you make these run/pass ratio changes for all teams at the start of your dynasty, does it have an adverse effect on the realism of simulated game stats?

I'm wondering if I would be better off just changing my opponent's ratio before each game, and then changing it back afterwards.

Hopefully this idea works well with any sliders, because yours are way too brutal for me!
It suprisingly does not affect the realism if you change the coaching ratios and just leave them.

Change them at the start of the dynasty and don't touch them. If you simulate game by game on the PS2, you can see the boxscores and they look very representitive of real life to me. Check it out.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #31
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, I actually wanted to start my dynasty before you posted your answer to me, so I just went in and clicked every team 10 clicks to the left, regardless of playbook.

I'm halfway through and the simmed stats look pretty good. The games have been GREAT, although is was no fun giving up 295 yards on the ground to Southern Miss...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #32
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

you playing heisman or AA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »