Home

dynasty ethics

This is a discussion on dynasty ethics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
dynasty ethics

haha i can't believe i'm about to ask this question but i really am curious to see what some people on this forum will say...

i'm at the end of the season, and my redshirt junior HB at Oklahoma State has had a phenomenal year... 221 carries for 2161 yards and 33 TDs

he was the heisman watch leader for the first 1/2 of the season, then briefly dropped off the radar when i lost two straight to K-State and Oklahoma... well i picked it up and won out the rest of the year to finish 10-2 and my HB got back to the point where he was in the top 3 of the heisman watch for the last three or four weeks, including being back atop the list after my last game in week 13...

so the #2 guy was this soph. QB from #1 USC (11-0)... I simulated the rest of the season and lost the heisman to this QB, but looking at his stats i kinda thought it was bogus... i mean i ran for 2000+ with 33 scores!!!

so i reverted back to week 14, played as UCLA against USC in their final game, and USC won 10-3, with the QB going 11-21, 146 yds., 1 TD, 1 INT... i simulate on to the heisman ceremony and this time my HB wins it by a close margin (+4 first place votes, +12 second place votes, -14 third place votes)

i was having fun playing with this today and my girlfriend was there to see it all... i said that I thought it would have been cheating if i had played USC and threw the picks myself... but since I was UCLA just trying my best to stop him I can save this trophy with a clean conscience!

any thoughts? anyone ever done something like this? am i going to hades because I saved it so there's nothing you can do about it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: dynasty ethics

I can't say I ever have or ever would do something like that. Unless you are the UCLA coach in your dynasty, you shouldn't be coaching UCLA.. On top of going back in time to try and change the Heisman voting so that your guy wins it.. Just my .02 worth of common sense, but it is your dynasty.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

That is some handy work to get your dynasty heisman...too bad Chris Leak doesn't have you as a friend...he might win the Heisman if you were*
Old 11-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

I'd recommend doing what results in the game being fun for you.

What you did was certainly shady and pushed the bounds of fairness, even reality, but it allowed the game to provide more fun for you as a result, it shouldn't really matter what others think.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I'd recommend doing what results in the game being fun for you.

What you did was certainly shady and pushed the bounds of fairness, even reality, but it allowed the game to provide more fun for you as a result, it shouldn't really matter what others think.
I agree. I think its cheap but its your game and you can do what you want. However, you obviously feel guilty about it since you are posting it here almost like going to confession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #6
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: dynasty ethics

I understand the feeling when you have a guy who's worthy of the heisman and he gets passed over...

my TE led the Heisman Watch from Week 6 - Week 15 (Championship Week) and then he finished 2nd to a QB for no real reason at all...it's funny how art imitates life and QB's win it so much...

My TE's stats - 94 rec., 1989 yds., 28 TD

...i could go back and simulate until he won it, but then all the trophies from my dynasty would be tarnished...

...its your game, so nobody should be telling you how to play it, but I will say that you'll probably fell cheap about it later (which is why you started this post in the first place)...
Old 11-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I have to laugh at you ZekeRoberts. In your other post I read you are an AP statistics teacher. I would have thought somebody going back and altering history to win the Heisman would have been a bit younger lol. If I found out my math teacher at my old high school was playing video games and doctoring Heisman races I would burst out loud laughing.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #8
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

I hope yall didnt get the wrong impression...Im glad your having fun...thats what this game is all about!!! It is pretty funny though that you are an AP stats teacher...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »