Home

So when does EA blow us away with recruiting (more...)?

This is a discussion on So when does EA blow us away with recruiting (more...)? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So when does EA blow us away with recruiting (more...)?

I have been playing the game since 97 or 98 and I don't know about you guys but what sets NCAA Football apart from the rest of the football games out there is the recruiting in a dynasty. I remember thinking back in the day how badass it would be if they put more thought into the recruiting and they finally did and we now can see every single player in the nation that is available. It has been like this for 4 years now and they are slowly adding more and more features which is slowly but surely making it more realistic. For example, this year they added ATH, transfers, position changes, and In-season recruiting which we had all been wishing for, for years.

The only thing that dissappointed me this year was the In-Season Recruiting. I was very dissappointed in the setup. All the players have very similar attributes and if you win early u can get just about anyone you want with ease. It almost makes me not want to do In-Season recruiting, I wish they would have given us the option to turn it off if we wanted. But anyway, my quesion is "Why can't EA let us recruit year round just like we do in the off-season?" We all know it is possible. I'm talkin about full blown recruiting week in and week out. Visits, Soft Verbals, Grades, Academic casualties, and so on... This would make the game unbelievable. I just wish they would make it realistic for us. I mean seriously, recruiting is on the same level as coaching when it comes to ACTUALLY BULDING A DYNASTY in real life.

When referring to academics, I mean like havign more players not qualify and stuff because small programs live off recruiting the borderline academic guys with tons of talent. They take chances and actually get some of these guys into school and end up landing a guy that can set the foundation for the program (South Florida, UCF, Memphis, UAB). I've actually seen 3 or 4 guys I have recruited not qualify and it pissed me off but I mean, seriously, if they list a GPA or just say Academics "Poor" or somethign like that then that should warn you that they may not make it. That would be badass, IMO.

Another thing that bothers about recruiting is the JUCO'S. Recruiting JUCO's is pointless in this game. Mid-Majors and soemtimes even the major programs need a JUCO guy to step in and fill a position where they lost a ton of talent the year before and in this game they make that non-existant because they are no better than the incoming freshman. I hate starting true freshman, especially when I am in the SEC unless they are just a FREAK OF NATURE. Mid-majors live off JUCO's and I think EA needs to fix this problem.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE this game but there is just so much more EA could do to make it even better for us. These are just a few suggestions. I have plenty more if any of you would like to begin a discussion on this. I just wish there was a way we could send a damn message to EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: So when does EA blow us away with recruiting (more...)?

They've had athletes for a few years, now.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
Rookie

I know they have but most of them arent true athletes. They are basically Dual-Threat QB's. Every now and then you'll fine a legit ATH that can play mulitple positions.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:38 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKBama7
I know they have but most of them arent true athletes. They are basically Dual-Threat QB's. Every now and then you'll fine a legit ATH that can play mulitple positions.
I agree that a lot of the athletes in the game seem best suited to QB but I think it was better in 06. I thought they were more diversified last year but I don't recruit enough of them to really say for sure.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

After doing recruiting for 3 years now, Ive given up on that aspect of the game.

Doesnt seem to matter what a player is rated, some 5* are a bust, and some 2* turn out very well. Im sure this is like real life though. Recruiting is just too random to me for it to be done well at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKBama7
But anyway, my quesion is "Why can't EA let us recruit year round just like we do in the off-season?" We all know it is possible. I'm talkin about full blown recruiting week in and week out.This would make the game unbelievable. I just wish they would make it realistic for us.
i think ea goes by ncaa rules in that there is a slient period during the entire month of december where coaches cannot talk to recruits at all. that's why in-season recruiting ends at the cg's and starts up again the next season. the recruiting feature is the reason this game has so much replay value, and i have no idea how they could make it deeper, but it'd be nice to see them try. one thing they could do is leave some uncommitted players from the in-season period, imo that'd be pretty cool.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
Rookie

The JUCO's come in with much high composure ratings. I have had a FS and K make huge contributions. My K this year was rated a 5 star JUCO and he hasn't let me down once. He also took over P duties as I had a walk on show up on that spot.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
After doing recruiting for 3 years now, Ive given up on that aspect of the game.

Doesnt seem to matter what a player is rated, some 5* are a bust, and some 2* turn out very well. Im sure this is like real life though. Recruiting is just too random to me for it to be done well at this point.

To me, this is a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »