Home

Trouble running on heismen

This is a discussion on Trouble running on heismen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2006, 06:35 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Trouble running on heismen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
PS2, my wife won't let me spend the scratch on an Xbox 360. Unfortunately, she's right, with a 1 year old, One more masters class to go, and an annual golf membership, it just wouldn't be the best use of my funds right now....But I am sure I will have one by next year at this time.

Hey Rudy, are the kicks automatic on the 360 too? That and the lack of the 5 yard face mask irk me til no end in this version.
I've only played about 2.5 games so I can't confirm the kicks are automatic but when I've read the 360 impressions at other places, I DO think they are automatic. The CPU made two kicks and I blocked two kicks. An abundance of blocked kicks is supposed to be a problem with the 360 as well.

The 360 is very expensive and NCAA is the game I play the vast majority of the time. I'm just not impressed with the 360 version. Its a bit choppy and feels rushed. The players have more of a 2K feel to them but its clearly different than current gen. I love the core gameplay in current gen and even though I have heard that the 360 version grows on you, I don't have much interest in playing the game anymore. Its just not as fun for me although the completely different controls didn't help me either.

I would guess that for the vast majority of people (from what I've played and read), if you love current gen, the 360 will disappoint you. If you were sick of current gen or didn't like it, you might prefer the 360 version. For me, the gameplay graphics, lighting, player movement and framerate are subpar for what I expect from next gen. Anyone considering buying a 360 for just this game needs to seriously rent it first. It was the first iteration so I would expect the next one to be a lot more polished but I'm more than happy with sticking to the PS2 for at least another year now. Just my two cents.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I've only played about 2.5 games so I can't confirm the kicks are automatic but when I've read the 360 impressions at other places, I DO think they are automatic. The CPU made two kicks and I blocked two kicks. An abundance of blocked kicks is supposed to be a problem with the 360 as well.

The 360 is very expensive and NCAA is the game I play the vast majority of the time. I'm just not impressed with the 360 version. Its a bit choppy and feels rushed. The players have more of a 2K feel to them but its clearly different than current gen. I love the core gameplay in current gen and even though I have heard that the 360 version grows on you, I don't have much interest in playing the game anymore. Its just not as fun for me although the completely different controls didn't help me either.

I would guess that for the vast majority of people (from what I've played and read), if you love current gen, the 360 will disappoint you. If you were sick of current gen or didn't like it, you might prefer the 360 version. For me, the gameplay graphics, lighting, player movement and framerate are subpar for what I expect from next gen. Anyone considering buying a 360 for just this game needs to seriously rent it first. It was the first iteration so I would expect the next one to be a lot more polished but I'm more than happy with sticking to the PS2 for at least another year now. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the reply. That is what I had feared from the 360 version. I really like the PS2 version with the only real problems are the ones I mentioned above. Graphics don't matter to me as much as gameplay. The PS2 graphics are just fine in my book.

The only problem with this game is that I keep tweaking the sliders for months before I start a dynasty and I am tired of doing that each year. I am just now restarting a dynasty and the real CFB season just ended.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #11
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm not all that impressed with the 360 graphics.

I am, however, EXTREMELY impressed with the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »