Home

What I HATE about this game ...

This is a discussion on What I HATE about this game ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #17
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What I HATE about this game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I didn't realize you were on the 360. There are a lot of differences. I still wish we had separate sub-forums to debate some of these gameplay issues since the two games are so different. I'm sure next year most people here will have the 360 version but I didn't like it too much when I got a chance to play a few games on it. I could be the only relic sticking with the PS2 come summer.
I love the 360 version myself. The flow of the game is superb. It feels much more like real football and less like Tecmo...
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #18
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I like the 360 version. It's far from perfect, but I think it plays better overall. The things I could really abuse on the xbox/ps2 seems to have been completely taken away.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #19
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I like the 360 version. It's far from perfect, but I think it plays better overall. The things I could really abuse on the xbox/ps2 seems to have been completely taken away.
Yep.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

If you think playing against momentum can get tough try playing "coach mode" against momentum. That'll make a man outta ya!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #21
DH7
Rookie

OVR: 1

x360 Heisman, adjusted sliders:

1. pulling linemen are useless.
2. fullbacks impede the tailback (and no I don't just hit the sprint button as soon as I get the ball)
3. robo QB's (I can handle Troy Smith lighting me up, but it feels like the CPU will just pick random games when any QB plays like the next coming of Dan Marino)
4. some runs by the CPU just feel scripted - you can hammer the runner with an All American defensive player, and he will somehow bounce away, break another few tackles and take off like Forrest Gump down the sideline for 6. I am sorry, if a guy like Lamarr Woodley or Patrick Willis nails a runner that has no momentum in the backfield, with a perfect tackle, they are going down.
5. Precision Passing (usually excellent) but, the odd time, it will completely ignore your input. If I am scrambling and making a ridiculous throw, thats my fault. However, if I am using a good QB, have all day to throw and have my feet set, there is no way I should throw the ball blatantly behind my receiver, and just coincidentally into the arms of the DB if I am clearly trying to lead him. Should I miss sometimes? Yes - but it shouldnt just ironically be a miss that flies right at the DB for no apparent reason.
6. Warping DB's who come flying like a bat out of hell to knock down a near perfect pass. I don't have a problem with good DB play, but HATE when some average corner back gets a NO2 burst and jumps like MJ to swat a ball away.

These are complaints - but I have played the game to death and love it still. I just wish that the CPU could be smart like it is on Heisman but have the player abilities and general lack of blatant cheating found on All American.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #22
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH7
x360 Heisman, adjusted sliders:

1. pulling linemen are useless.
2. fullbacks impede the tailback (and no I don't just hit the sprint button as soon as I get the ball)
3. robo QB's (I can handle Troy Smith lighting me up, but it feels like the CPU will just pick random games when any QB plays like the next coming of Dan Marino)
4. some runs by the CPU just feel scripted - you can hammer the runner with an All American defensive player, and he will somehow bounce away, break another few tackles and take off like Forrest Gump down the sideline for 6. I am sorry, if a guy like Lamarr Woodley or Patrick Willis nails a runner that has no momentum in the backfield, with a perfect tackle, they are going down.
5. Precision Passing (usually excellent) but, the odd time, it will completely ignore your input. If I am scrambling and making a ridiculous throw, thats my fault. However, if I am using a good QB, have all day to throw and have my feet set, there is no way I should throw the ball blatantly behind my receiver, and just coincidentally into the arms of the DB if I am clearly trying to lead him. Should I miss sometimes? Yes - but it shouldnt just ironically be a miss that flies right at the DB for no apparent reason.
6. Warping DB's who come flying like a bat out of hell to knock down a near perfect pass. I don't have a problem with good DB play, but HATE when some average corner back gets a NO2 burst and jumps like MJ to swat a ball away.

These are complaints - but I have played the game to death and love it still. I just wish that the CPU could be smart like it is on Heisman but have the player abilities and general lack of blatant cheating found on All American.
You might try these, they've worked for me and I had the same complaints you did:

Some AA sliders for the 360, based on tfin's work...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »