Home

360 version any good?

This is a discussion on 360 version any good? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 360 version any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Did you like the current gen versions? From all the impressions I've read, both positive and negative on the 360 version, the common theme was you liked the 360 version a lot if you weren't entirely impressed with the current gen game (or sick of it). I also saw a lot of people that loved 2K5 also love the 360 version. I think the feel of the running game does have a 2K feel to it on the 360. However, for those that love current gen, most of us didn't like the new or different feel of the 360 version. It was extremely rare to find someone that loved the current gen game and loved the 360 gameplay more.
I'm one of those rare exceptions in that I love both the 360 and ps2 versions. Imo NCAA '07 is far and away the best version ever released for the ps2, but in spite of that I find myself spending more time with the 360 version (warts and all).

Last edited by coogrfan; 12-21-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm one of those rare exceptions in that I love both the 360 and ps2 versions. Imo NCAA '07 is far and away the best version ever released for the ps2, but in spite of that I find myself spending more time with the 360 version (warts and all).
I only played '06 and '07 and the gameplay is very well rounded on the PS2 for '07. I won't say its far and away the best version since I think jump the snap is way too arcade like and needs an option to turn it off. The fact the CPU never misses field goals wide on current gen is a huge goof on EA's part as well. I probably should have given the 360 version more time but I just wasn't feeling it.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #19
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Not being able to choose a different camera angle hurts the 360 version for me.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #20
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I had this game for a few months until it got scratched up inside the system when I was trying to move it (bonehead move by me). I enjoyed it though. I'll probably buy it again when it drops to $20. A lot of the features are missing, but luckily for me it was features that I never used anyway on current gen. If you're like me and into just gameplay and dynasty, then you'll enjoy this game. I never use 1AA teams. I never use create a team. I never edit player equipment. I just play the game. The only thing missing that I actually care about are records and all of the awards. This year only the Heisman is present. It would be nice to have to spring game feature as well. Hopefully those things will all be added in '08. In the mean time I'm just playing the demo over and over until I rebuy the game.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I had this game for a few months until it got scratched up inside the system when I was trying to move it (bonehead move by me). I enjoyed it though. I'll probably buy it again when it drops to $20. A lot of the features are missing, but luckily for me it was features that I never used anyway on current gen. If you're like me and into just gameplay and dynasty, then you'll enjoy this game. I never use 1AA teams. I never use create a team. I never edit player equipment. I just play the game. The only thing missing that I actually care about are records and all of the awards. This year only the Heisman is present. It would be nice to have to spring game feature as well. Hopefully those things will all be added in '08. In the mean time I'm just playing the demo over and over until I rebuy the game.
I found the spring game boring anyway and just simmed it every year afterwards. I'm not sure how many guys really enjoyed that feature on current gen. Definately not a huge loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2006, 02:50 PM   #22
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Did you like the current gen versions? From all the impressions I've read, both positive and negative on the 360 version, the common theme was you liked the 360 version a lot if you weren't entirely impressed with the current gen game (or sick of it). I also saw a lot of people that loved 2K5 also love the 360 version. I think the feel of the running game does have a 2K feel to it on the 360. However, for those that love current gen, most of us didn't like the new or different feel of the 360 version. It was extremely rare to find someone that loved the current gen game and loved the 360 gameplay more.
I haven't played the current gen versions of 2007. I only have a 360. Yes, there's alot of fine details missing from the 360 version, but the on-field gameplay (especially the running game) is far and away better than previous versions (which I played on the XBox).
Old 12-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #23
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
Not being able to choose a different camera angle hurts the 360 version for me.
It's a complete non-factor for me.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #24
MVP

After playing NCAA 06 on XBox, and '07 today, I love '07 for the Xbox 360.

It's a matter of preference. I haven't played current gen '07, but '07 for the 360 is pretty good imho. Has some bugs? of course. However, I'm still playing it today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »