Home

Is User Catch considered cheese?

This is a discussion on Is User Catch considered cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3
Is User Catch considered cheese?

After playing online for a few weeks, I've encountered my share of cheesers. But I was playing a guy ranked number 3 in the top 100. I was beating him and he paused the game and wrote "u and ur cheese user catch". I admit, I use the user catch alot, but I never thought of it as cheese. I simply see it as me making a play for myself. I'm the one playing the game, so I should be able to go get the ball if I wanted. Anyway, my point is this:

Is the user catch cheese, or was this just sour grapes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2006, 05:26 AM   #2
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is User Catch considered cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
After playing online for a few weeks, I've encountered my share of cheesers. But I was playing a guy ranked number 3 in the top 100. I was beating him and he paused the game and wrote "u and ur cheese user catch". I admit, I use the user catch alot, but I never thought of it as cheese. I simply see it as me making a play for myself. I'm the one playing the game, so I should be able to go get the ball if I wanted. Anyway, my point is this:

Do you mean using the catch button? If so, I've never heard of someone saying that about catching the ball yourself. That's the way the game is supposed to be played. If someone is calling you out for using the button you're supposed to be using, the dude does not know how the game is played. How are you supposed to catch the ball if you don't use it? I thought using the catch button and things like picking on your receiver early to run a route while the ball is in the air makes it more difficult. I respect someone a lot more when they actaully control more things themselves rather than letting the computer do things for them.

Last edited by Jason_19; 12-23-2006 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

That is why you don't play lobby people, they either cheese themselves or whine about anything they can't stop.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
Do you mean using the catch button? If so, I've never heard of someone saying that about catching the ball yourself. That's the way the game is supposed to be played. If someone is calling you out for using the button you're supposed to be using, the dude does not know how the game is played. How are you supposed to catch the ball if you don't use it? I thought using the catch button and things like picking on your receiver early to run a route while the ball is in the air makes it more difficult. I respect someone a lot more when they actaully control more things themselves rather than letting the computer do things for them.
I agree
Old 12-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

He's a sore loser dude. I always user catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

I always use User Catch, and when I catch a bomb I usually yell out "User Catch!!!" same thing when I get a pick and I yell "User Pick!!!"

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #7
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
I always use User Catch, and when I catch a bomb I usually yell out "User Catch!!!" same thing when I get a pick and I yell "User Pick!!!"
LOL, I yell those same things as well when I make them.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9

Was he being the DB or LB?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »