Home

Classic Teams: NCAA Football 2002-Present

This is a discussion on Classic Teams: NCAA Football 2002-Present within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Classic Teams: NCAA Football 2002-Present

Fellas, I'm going to try and work on a classics roster that documents players from ncaa football 2002-Present. Basically, just picking out the "best players" for each position dating from ea's first ps2 college football game (2002) to NOW.
i will be re-editing the ncaa football 2007 game.
i don't have my ncaa football 2007 game with me right now, but is it possible to edit the class year of players (i.e. change the player from a junior to a senior or vice versa?)
what i will be doing is picking out the best 2 to 3 players for each position based on ratings from the past ps2 iterations.
for example, for Texas:
the 3 "greatest" quarterbacks between ncaa 02-07 would be: 1.) Vince Young (NCAA Football 2006 Version Ratings; unless the 06 Texas team is a classic team in NCAA 07), 2.) Chris Simms (NCAA Football 2003 Version Ratings, 3.) Major Applewhite (NCAA Football 2002 Version Ratings)
for example, for Florida:
the 2 "greatest" quarterbacks between ncaa 02-07 would be: 1.) Chris Leak (NCAA Football 2007 Version Ratings), 2.) Rex Grossman (NCAA Football 2003 Versino Ratings) - - - There may be some debate on this, pending ratings comparison, but Leak has led the Gators to the National Championship game his senior season.
anyways, i know this is a major undertaking, but i figure, this is probably the last ps2 iteration of our "beloved" ncaa football game.

just a quick question for fellow operationsports gurus: Do you think the gameplay in ncaa football 2004 or ncaa football 2007 is more superior? because based on your responses, i will either edit the ncaa football 2007 or 2004 rosters to make the classics.

i know this will be a huge undertaking, and it will probably take me a LONG, LONG time to get EVERY single roster finished. but i feel that next gen will take a pretty LONG period to get the gameplay on par with our current gen ncaa football iterations, that i feel i will be sticking to my current gen ncaa football for a long time! any input and help with this would be great.

Happy "BOWL-ING" to everyone...now on to watching my kentucky wildcats finally get to play in a bowl game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Classic Teams: NCAA Football 2002-Present

2007 is better, and you can't edit the class. You can always create players though.

Also, would you use the same player twice (e.g. Carnell Williams from NCAA 2004 and 2005 for Auburn)?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

what i would do, would be to use the "cadillac" williams with the most recent ratings...the 2005 version...the most recent ratings or their graduating/leaving early ratings would be used.

wait, i just realized something. isn't their all-time teams in ncaa football 2007? and they are unlockable through the input of codes?

well then, what i can do is just edit using those ratings instead of having to go all the way back and trying to use the ratings from past iterations.

but wait, i would need past iterations to do the "other" teams that do not have documented "all-time" teams in the game.

i just wanted to have a game that i could play a season with a group of "all-time" teams involved. to play a season with carson palmer at q.b., reggie bush in the backfield, dwayne jarrett--mike williams as wide receivers...or to play a season with troy smith at q.b., maurice clarett in the backfield (yes, i know, he is absolutely WORTHLESS and a disgrace to the program now, but not during his freshman year. ), chris gamble--ted ginn jr--micheal jenkins--santonio holmes as wide receivers...or to just play defense with the Defensive greats of the miami hurricanes - - antrel rolle, shaun taylor, etc on ONE TEAM (oh wait, i think they did get a chance to play together)...or my kentucky wildcats with andre woodson or jared lorenzen at q.b., artose pinner or rafael little at hb, derek abney--keenan burton at wr, and derek smith--jacob tamme lining up at te....nice! and to just see the matchups play out throughout the season. the combos are endless!

will just try and get it all worked out....thanks for the input theaub...any more opinions would be great. later fellas. GO WILDCATS! we are not just a basketball school anymore!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

A bold project.

A bolder project would be to do all-time teams instead of just the best of 2002-2007. It'd also take about five years.

The developers could do a big favor and just add a "Classic Season Mode" to the game.

Or better yet, they could add a playoff system to the game, and allow you to set up a single tournament outside of dynasty mode with any team in the game... Two birds with one stone.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 AM   #5
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
A bolder project would be to do all-time teams instead of just the best of 2002-2007. It'd also take about five years.
Its being done by a poster here named Playmakers, but only for the 360. He's got about 18 teams left and he has put a ton of time into it. He stopped giving updates on here, but he still gives them over at this thread http://sportsgamer.com/forums/showth...t=73412&page=5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

He's right playmakers has been putting these teams together since august from what I've read in his thread. I like the fact that he's done some amazing research on these teams and the rosters look very good. I traded in NCAA 07 about 2 months ago but repurchased the game for $20 dollars earlier this month in anticipation of that roster file being released. I think he said he has less than 20 teams remaining.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:00 AM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

RE: Playmakers rosters...

That's some serious dedication right there... To do that roster for THAT version of NCAA.

I hope he keeps all the data, and maybe even makes that data public for other people to use for other versions.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:51 AM   #8
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
RE: Playmakers rosters...

That's some serious dedication right there... To do that roster for THAT version of NCAA.

I hope he keeps all the data, and maybe even makes that data public for other people to use for other versions.
Well, he's been posting the rosters, but just the names. And recently he's been throwing some links up to the information he has found, which makes for some nice reads

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »