Home

Help me choose a team for dynasty play...

This is a discussion on Help me choose a team for dynasty play... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Help me choose a team for dynasty play...

I rented NCAA Football 2007 today, with the potential of buying it if I am able to get into it again.

I'd like some advice on a team to run with in dynasty. Some things I desire: A mobile (and accurate) QB, as well as a quick halfback. I'd like a conference that isn't overly difficult (SEC is out, for instance), but also isn't so easy that I will be playing cupcakes during the conference play. Youth is good, but it's also fun to recruit to fill gaps. A respectable defense would be nice, if only so that they can keep me in games. I tend to prefer scoring and offense more than defense though. I've played with Florida and NC State in the past, and ideally it might be fun to play with a team not in the ACC or SEC.

Ultimately, I want to have fun, and I tend to enjoy running the option, but also passing and using my running back to get yards. The QB doesn't have to have Michael Vick scramble ability, but I'd prefer him having the mobility to at least extend plays and have the possibility to break for runs occasionally.

I would consider myself to be average at the game, and thus would likely prefer a conference that isn't too tough, but is not overly difficult. I would like to play a team in a conference that is respectable in that it has a shot at making the bigger bowls if my team has a great season, etc. I'd likely prefer a team that wasn't the clear #1 in the conference, but instead a team that is respectable, but also a bit of a sleeper. I'd like to develop them and not just run with a powerhouse from the getgo.

I hate Notre Dame, so they are out by default. Other than that, I'm very open to suggestions, and really hope some of you that have been playing the game for some time are able to recommend a team or two for me to consider. I will likely be jumping right into dynasty mode with them, and thus will be relying heavily on recommendations and your experiences.

I'll likely be using theaub's All-American sliders, if that's relevent.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jimplication; 12-29-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Help me choose a team for dynasty play...

Washington?

Isaiah Stanback is damn good.. and both of their RBs are solid and fast. Louis Rankin has some gamebreaking speed.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

UTEP. Only a 2* program but have a 90 rated Jr RB and an 88 rated WR with 95 speed. Good Sr QB and a mobile soph QB.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
Rookie

kburns40's Arena

OVR: 1

Texas A&M...A sophmore QB with decent speed. A senior running back that is fast. A sophmore runnning back that weighs about 280 and will run over anyone, a freshman running back that can outrun anyone. They have a stud tight end as well. Good luck with the defense though.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I'd go with the WAC conference. You could take a team like Oregon State,Hawaii,or Fresno State-all good teams in their own right but have to fight in their division,meaning,not beating every team will be a snap. I've had the best games ever using Fresno State and Hawaii. Fresno has some great db's and WR's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

just take temple and build them up. If you can do that, you can do it anywhere. They have a 3rd string freshman QB who's got decent speed and passing ability for a 68 ovr QB. Their RB is quick and able. The defense really sucks, so you have a job to do with recruiting. I'm liking that team and the challenge.

They play at the linc and the potential for building up the program is great, also because they're independent.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:42 AM   #7
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Oregon. Mobile qb, very good rb, and all those funky uniforms.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeholic
I'd go with the WAC conference. You could take a team like Oregon State,Hawaii,or Fresno State-all good teams in their own right but have to fight in their division,meaning,not beating every team will be a snap. I've had the best games ever using Fresno State and Hawaii. Fresno has some great db's and WR's.

Oregon state isn't in the WAC.

Try a team like New Mexico. McKamey has 78spd and 80acc. Use there running back Epps 92 spd and 90acc. It won't be too hard or easy with the but you can build with them.

If you want a team with more speed and a option playbook go with Navy or Airforce.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »