Home

Something fun to do when you're bored

This is a discussion on Something fun to do when you're bored within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Something fun to do when you're bored

I discovered that when you're really bored with absolutely nothing else to do, it's pretty fun to start with a bad team, set your depth chart, set your strategy, recruit and only simulate the games. It's extremely challenging and you find yourself looking to just keep your job much less make bowl games and whatnot.

I started with SJSU last night and was fired after 3 seasons. I took over at 1-star Purdue and went 2-10 in my 1st year, 7-6 (Champs Sports Bowl Win) in my 2nd year and 3-9 in my last year. I guess since I raised their prestige by 1 star from year 1 to year 2 they gave me a new 2-year deal and went 3-9 in the first year of that.

Last edited by NoleFan; 01-15-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Re: Something fun to do when you're bored

It's now 2015 and I finished with an 8-5 (4-4) record...my best record in the 7 years I've been here at Purdue. I hope my new contract is more than 2 years. We're undefeated in bowl games.

We've had records of:

2009 - 2-10
2010 - 7-6 (Champs Sports Bowl Win)
2011 - 3-9
2012 - 3-9
2013 - 7-6 (Liberty Bowl Win)
2014 - 3-9
2015 - 8-5 (Poinsettia Bowl Win)
Old 01-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
It's now 2015 and I finished with an 8-5 (4-4) record...my best record in the 7 years I've been here at Purdue. I hope my new contract is more than 2 years. We're undefeated in bowl games.

We've had records of:

2009 - 2-10
2010 - 7-6 (Champs Sports Bowl Win)
2011 - 3-9
2012 - 3-9
2013 - 7-6 (Liberty Bowl Win)
2014 - 3-9
2015 - 8-5 (Poinsettia Bowl Win)
I simmed 60 seasons (to get the achievement). I went 10 seasons at UL Monroe and had only one winning season. I got hired by Tulane and coached 12 seasons there. I had a 10-win season my very first season there and went on to have 8 winning seasons in 12 years. I then got hired at Alabama and finished out the last 38 seasons of my dynasty there. I NEVER won a national championship (made it to the game twice but lost both times). I had about a dozen 10-win seasons, but my bowl record wasn't great (about .500). I finished my entire dynasty with over 400 wins and just over 200 losses.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

I used to do this all the time when I was bored. Sometimes I would get so caught up in it and look up and hours had passed. It can be very addicting especcially when you are going from team to team. I remember on NCAA 06 I started with CLemson and got fired. I then went and couched Ohio a few years before getting a job at Virginia and somehow turning them into a Powerhouse. I ended up playing a lot with them because they had came from nothing. I just got a 360 and I haven't tried it yet, I think I might today though.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

So, I just started one with the Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana. I set my coaching stuff up and simmed. Went 6-6 and finished 3rd in the Conference.

Heres the really weird thing. I don't think I have ever seen this happen, especcially in the first year. When I was simming through the bowl games I looked to see who won the NC and USC beat NEVADA!! Both teams were 12-0 and USC was ranked 1 while Nevada was #3.

I also noticed that Oklahoma and FLorida each had 1 loss going into bowl week, Possibly more teams. Anyone ever seen a team such as Nevada play for the NC in the first year. BTW they were like a 2 or 3 star WAC team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8kevin
So, I just started one with the Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana. I set my coaching stuff up and simmed. Went 6-6 and finished 3rd in the Conference.

Heres the really weird thing. I don't think I have ever seen this happen, especcially in the first year. When I was simming through the bowl games I looked to see who won the NC and USC beat NEVADA!! Both teams were 12-0 and USC was ranked 1 while Nevada was #3.

I also noticed that Oklahoma and FLorida each had 1 loss going into bowl week, Possibly more teams. Anyone ever seen a team such as Nevada play for the NC in the first year. BTW they were like a 2 or 3 star WAC team.
Nevada? That's just plain wrong.

With my Purdue team we're either gonna win a bowl game or have a horrid season. Following the 8-5 season we went 2-10 and I'm about to recruit now. I've only got 50 recruiting points so this should be interesting.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Do you skip inseason recruiting or do you still do that?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Do you skip inseason recruiting or do you still do that?
I still do in-season recruiting.

I set up my targets > uncheck my game > sim my game and look at the numbers > sim the rest of the week > update my in-season recruiting > uncheck my game...

WOW! I've gotta switch my defense up this season. My dlinemen aren't very good as I've got 1 rated at 80+. I've got 5 MLBs though, 4 of which are rated 80+ (88, 86, 84, 84). Looks like I'll be running a 3-4 this year and the 3rd MLB will play outside. I've got a true So OLB who led the team in tackles, sacks and interceptions last season as a true Fr. So, he's gonna be my defensive impact player dispite only being rated as an 82 overall.

Last edited by NoleFan; 01-15-2007 at 01:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »