Home

IGN First Preview!

This is a discussion on IGN First Preview! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #17
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: IGN First Preview!

Looks like we still wont have all the stadiums, and i dont think Boise has their stadium, and Z is on the cover? I dont know maybe Boise's stadium looks like that but it sure looks like a generic.

And all the gimicky crap. In game stuff, play the game, i dont want to be rewarded because i played with one guy during the game. Unless it is the superstar mode.

The out of game stuff in the dynasty helps, but some times it is a joke, guess we will see.

Can we just play football? and not have mini games and bonus points in the actuall game...

But a new game is better than none, just hope they put in the kibbie
Old 03-03-2007, 01:37 AM   #18
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I would almost bet money that they will have all the stadiums in this year...including Idahos. Throw that in, the bowl stadiums, allow customizing players and their equipment, fix the collision detection and tighten the running game and I'll be sound as a pound.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:20 AM   #19
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
When will the producers of EA football games ever realize its all about the gameplay, animations, collection detections,AI, graphics,etc... instead of stupid features that are secondary to most.Please put in alternate uniforms and classic teams for online play. Most of all, improve the weak areas in the game play. Each year its "wait until next year". EA need to realize some of us are tired of the same thing every year.

Eliminating the ghost effect and 60 fps should be their #1 priority, but I see its not.
Revamped recruiting, better playbooks, and coaching integrity is less important than alternate uniforms and classic teams in online play?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #20
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
Looks like we still wont have all the stadiums, and i dont think Boise has their stadium, and Z is on the cover? I dont know maybe Boise's stadium looks like that but it sure looks like a generic.

And all the gimicky crap. In game stuff, play the game, i dont want to be rewarded because i played with one guy during the game. Unless it is the superstar mode.

The out of game stuff in the dynasty helps, but some times it is a joke, guess we will see.

Can we just play football? and not have mini games and bonus points in the actuall game...

But a new game is better than none, just hope they put in the kibbie

at the end of the preview:

"And what legacy will NCAA 08 leave? Boyd smiles when he thinks about it, listing new stadiums like Cal, BYU, Vandy and Texas Tech, but then he gets quiet."

sounds to me like not every stadium will be in the game. huge negative for me.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:40 AM   #21
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

If the collision detection, tackling, animations, presentation and some serious AI issues aren't fixed or enhanced, this will just be '07 with more stadiums and another "feature set" to market the game. I will not get excited until I see an in-game video. This is next gen, we shouldn't need gimmicks at this point. The actual gameplay, graphics and AI should be the priorities.

It's early though. They may surprise us this year and make some nice improvements. Here's to hoping NCAA Football on 360 is better than 07.

(07 for 360 was a good start, but EA needs to step it up a notch in the areas above).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #22
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm with J-unit on this one. It's the same BS from these guys again - Leadership mode??? You can add that to all the other features that add zero value to the game like home field advantage, momentum, girlfriend mode, minigames, and that stupid getting rattled meter or whatever it is.

Forget recruiting and dynasty mode and all that crap, give me a game where the gamplay and graphics are the greatest things I've ever seen. The rest is all fluff. Enough already...
Old 03-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #23
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
at the end of the preview:

"And what legacy will NCAA 08 leave? Boyd smiles when he thinks about it, listing new stadiums like Cal, BYU, Vandy and Texas Tech, but then he gets quiet."

sounds to me like not every stadium will be in the game. huge negative for me.
It sounds to me that every stadium WILL be involved...he just doesn't list them. Perhaps he gets quiet because they are selling out and doing all the neutral sites/bowl games as well.
If they did 70-80 stadiums for last year, no reason to believe they can't do another 60 this time.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #24
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

i thought there were only 25 to 30 stadiums in 07 (360)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »