Home

Game Informer preview

This is a discussion on Game Informer preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #41
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Game Informer preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Out of the teams stadiums left out last year, I wanna see: Wyoming, Colorado State, Air Force, Southern Miss, all the MAC teams.

It really sucks when you want to build up a small program like Ohio and you have play every damn game in the same freaking stadium. To me, playing in the real stadium is half the fun of a dynasty.
Yeah, no kidding. It's even worse when you're playing Idaho and the game is played at the same generic stadium, despite the fact that Idaho plays in a dome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #42
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah I would love to see USM's stadium on the game and I am really looking foward to seeing Ole Miss' stadium. And they said something about Bama's upgrades on some article I read. I hope it looks nice on there.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
Speaking of "Jump the Snap", what will become of it? I hope they get rid of it. The way it was implemented had nothing to do with real football.
Amen. It was terrible and they simply need to give us the option to turn it off. I played on All-American last year and it was too easy to abuse the cpu OL with it. You couldn't fix it with the sliders either because if you increased the CPU pass blocking too much, your CPU controlled DL never got to the QB and I only play as a DL occasionally. To remedy this, I simply never used the speed burst button whenever I controlled a DL (no jump the snap that way). However, that took away the speed rush from my DE. The fact they added the commit features and removed the DL controls from the R-stick was also a negative for me when playing defense. Of course, the thought that whenever the CPU got inside my 35 yard line meant an automatic 3 points was also idiotic.

In some ways, '06 was a better game because I didn't have to worry about the new crap they added and the things that got worse (like the kick return view, kicking game, momentum and jump the snap). However, they really improved the short passing game, toned down the human running game on AA, and improved the defensive back AI which outweighed the new junk they added. I just hope '08 gives us options to turn the arcade like stuff off. (These comments are regarding the PS2 version).
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

WKU won't be a real 1-A school this year, so I doubt they made it.

Anyone remember if FAU and FIU were in as 1A teams during their traditional years in the game?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resin
WKU won't be a real 1-A school this year, so I doubt they made it.

Anyone remember if FAU and FIU were in as 1A teams during their traditional years in the game?
F(A)(I)U was in the game the year they were semi-D1A.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »