Home

Too much unwarranted optimism

This is a discussion on Too much unwarranted optimism within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #17
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Too much unwarranted optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Yeah last year's next gen version was amazing. What's your beef with it...that it's a EA football game?
Last year's game was full of flaws. The biggest issue fo rme was the lack of QB containment by the defensive ends. The QB could get outside the pocket at will. To make it even worse a qb could sprint in one direction then whirl around and through a bullet the opposite direction with pin point accuracy.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:20 PM   #18
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon8 Re: Too much unwarranted optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Last year's game was full of flaws. The biggest issue fo rme was the lack of QB containment by the defensive ends. The QB could get outside the pocket at will. To make it even worse a qb could sprint in one direction then whirl around and through a bullet the opposite direction with pin point accuracy.
I agree with you and am very disappointed that the same issue seems to be in this years version. QBs were escaping the pocket at will in the latest videos. I am feeling depressed and angered by EA.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:56 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

There seems to be two types of people on this board -- the first are fans of football games in general that are willing to give a game a shot, regardless of the publisher. These people understand that the game is still months from release and that the games are not completed, but are looking forward to giving it a try.

Then there's the 2k fans who use any opportunity to bash EA. They complain if EA released early versions of vids of their sports games, but would bitch if EA didn't release vids until later, inferring that they're "hiding".

I for one am getting a little tired of the latter.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:19 AM   #20
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs up Re: Too much unwarranted optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFan
There seems to be two types of people on this board -- the first are fans of football games in general that are willing to give a game a shot, regardless of the publisher. These people understand that the game is still months from release and that the games are not completed, but are looking forward to giving it a try.

Then there's the 2k fans who use any opportunity to bash EA. They complain if EA released early versions of vids of their sports games, but would bitch if EA didn't release vids until later, inferring that they're "hiding".

Can I get an AMEN? LOL!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:

I personally think a lot of the critics AREN'T 2K fans but EA fans that loved the current gen game and are disappointed with the next gen game. I preferred the PS2 version over the 360 version (played it on my brother's system) last year and its a big reason why I haven't gone next gen yet. While its still way too early to tell how the game will be, I think a lot of NCAA fans want the old feel of the game back.

EA isn't alone in this but the transition to next gen has been slow. This will be the third Madden game on Next gen and do we even know if it has more than one camera angle? Its taken this long just to get co-op play. Doesn't that sound ludicrous? People are feeling ripped off in that they paid a lot of money to upgrade to a 360 (or PS3) and don't like the game as much as the old one. That is where a lot of the criticism comes from imo.

This will also be the first year they release NCAA on the PS3 not to mention a ton of other platforms. They are stretched thin and the evolution to a good game is taking longer. Its not a valid excuse but its reality. I think the added emphasis on controls and frame rate will be a good thing but it may take another year and more programming experience to really improve the game to where the majority of people are happy.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

Not the case. It's nopt that black and white. EA is getting ridden a lot more because of the exclusivity deal. Don't expect this to stop until there's competition. A lot of 2k fans are coming over from what they believe is a certain way football should be represented on a console. EA's games are a whole different style of play. I represent "the latter" and it's taken me awhile to get used to EA's football again. I did enjoy NCAA 07 (360). Although the DIrty Disk Error thing cut into the fun. MAdden on the other hand is dead in the water for me. EA made a lot of statements about improved gameplay so now people are holding them to it. Just don't assume us 2kers aren't giving EA a shot, we're just being picky. And by making ANY criticism of EA a 2k vs. EA issue, you sound like a fanboy. A lot of that goin around on the EA games' forums......don't be so sensitive.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Nothing but idiot fanboys.

There are precious few things in life as pathetic as a pimple-faced teenager in his mom's basement "defending" a video game company.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupids
Nothing but idiot fanboys.

There are precious few things in life as pathetic as a pimple-faced teenager in his mom's basement "defending" a video game company.

Now I'm confused, are you the pot or the kettle?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »