Home

IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: IGN: NCAA Football 08 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm not sure what you mean by this. The practice and HS game footage is fairly spartan (which is understandable, imo), but take a look at the Clemson vids. They're absolutely gorgeous. The player models, stadiums, lighting, animations-everything looks top-notch to these eyes.
I was expecting that with the HS games, you really can't do much more there, but it seems to me there is too much dead air and lack luster replays. Granted, it seems like the replays are bing skipped.

Also, I'm not watching them in HD, like you are, so maybe that's it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
But EA had to make some concessions to get the game running at 60 frames per second, and you will immediately appreciate the difference on the gameplay side. It's faster, twitchier, and closer in style to the superb current-gen titles versus the underwhelming next-gen football efforts from EA.
This sounds good to me. My biggest complaints after playing the 360 version last year was the choppiness and lack of player control. With the improved control and branching animations, I'm interested in how the '08 game will be. Just have to borrow my brother's 360 for another week if he lets me.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This sounds good to me. My biggest complaints after playing the 360 version last year was the choppiness and lack of player control. With the improved control and branching animations, I'm interested in how the '08 game will be. Just have to borrow my brother's 360 for another week if he lets me.
I'm really baffled here. If the comment from IGN is true, they are saying the game is more like its current gen counter part.

Then why the heck did I sell my Xbox and get a 360? Come on now.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #28
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Fancy graphics, like everyone else

I'd actually be pretty happy with 08 if they just tightened up the controls a bit. I played 07 on the xbox until december when I got my 360. The control was much better on the xbox. 360 version felt choppy and off in general in regards to control.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #29
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm with you Rudy. I like the way the current gen plays (more responsive). I'm looking forward to seeing whether or not the branching animations will help with responsiveness. A more responsive game with all the bells and whistles (including something like mag covers, team specific playbooks, etc.) of current gen (less the JTS, Momentum crap, and excessive turnovers) with the next gen graphics would a step in the right direction. I like what I've read in the preview articles for Madden 08 and hope that they are implementing those same gameplay elements into NCAA 08. One thing I'm very scared of is what the "lead by example" feature will be like. If only EA gave us the option to turn on/off such features. Here's to hoping in-game saves finally makes it in too.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I don't think it was just a change of pace formation for Arkansas last year though. I'm pretty sure I saw at least one game of theirs, maybe two, in which they ran that formation pretty much all game. I can't remember if it was because their QB sucked or because he was hurt.
Arkansas didn't run the wildcat that much. It was never their primary set. They only attempted about 9 passes all year out of it.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I'm with you Rudy. I like the way the current gen plays (more responsive). I'm looking forward to seeing whether or not the branching animations will help with responsiveness. A more responsive game with all the bells and whistles (including something like mag covers, team specific playbooks, etc.) of current gen (less the JTS, Momentum crap, and excessive turnovers) with the next gen graphics would a step in the right direction. I like what I've read in the preview articles for Madden 08 and hope that they are implementing those same gameplay elements into NCAA 08. One thing I'm very scared of is what the "lead by example" feature will be like. If only EA gave us the option to turn on/off such features. Here's to hoping in-game saves finally makes it in too.
ICan you imagine how good '07 would have been on the PS2/XBox if they simply gave you the option to turn off jts and momentum? Give us a fumble slider and fix the horrible kicking game and the game would have been so much better (and I loved '07 on the PS2). I definately think EA should give us an on/off option for every feature they put in. In-game saves would also be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #32

Well, after I have obtained an illegal copy of the HD vid (from the inner parts of Hungary), I will say the game does look good. You can see the glossy helmets are no longer there, and the sidelines need a lot of work, but the game is running pretty smooth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »