Home

GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07

This is a discussion on GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07

Things I noticed:
1) OL-DL interactions are changed...I saw a lot more hit-release-hit type moves from the interior linemen (different than the usual We-are-stuck-together annimations).

2) There were a few very nice looking moves (like the blitzing LB)...

3) The greatest thing in the world for online play would the ability to review the play-by-play (PLUS REPLAYS) after the game...for league players it would help with preparing for a certain team or for handling rule breakers, for free-stylers it would help with breaking down a guy's style. I hope like hell that at some point we get the offline features enabled online....but I doubt this makes it into the game for online play. At any rate, the uploaded video highlights will be pretty cool...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #26
DickDalewood

OVR:

This is a pretty small thing, but in part 1, I'll be damned if that was THE best kickoff animation I have ever seen. I think it's pretty obvious the amount of work they have put into the animations and how much more smooth things run at 60 fps...

Old 05-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #27
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvivaldi
Game looks like a heap of Cr.ap...Am i the on ly one that saw the LB's skating on the field?...And whats with the QBS darting out the pocket...EA cant even get the on-field stuff corectly so am not even going to complain about off the field...Why are they even adding high school cr.ap when the main game is incredibly flawed?...The breakout animation is also very robotic and unnatural...3 years into Next generation and still this?...

This game seems to play like Ncaa 2k3...
I'll say this for Bv, he's consistent...
Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #28
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'll say this for Bv, he's consistent...
Thats becuase EA has been consistent with the BS....

Actually eveything he said was true. Though I wouldnt call the game crap, people using the 50% build excuse are delusional. What you see is what you get with EA. How many times have we seen vids release early only to see the exact same thing when the game is released? The same thing is said every single year " The game is only 70% done" Maybe, but trust me when this game drops it we will see the same thing. I'm sure the only things being corrected now are small tweaks instead of overall AI like the DE's rushing up field to stop that stupid QB sprint. The problem is not the QB's, its the DE AI.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #29
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

First, that kickoff was sweet. Finally, a camera angle that resembles what I see on TV broadcasts. Which means there are new camera angles similar to what we see in other sports titles (Broadcast, Wire, etc). I just like having the option. I know it was part of the save the replay menu, but I would imagine it is also for gameplay (I hope).

The QB scramble crap in these videos are the same every year because they play on an easy difficulty level. I just hope if you choose to drop back or sprint out like a Techmo Bowl moron that where it's completely unnecessary that your accuracy should suffer a little bit. However, the DEs need to be programmed more appropriately so it doesn't resemble back yard football with a bunch of 7 year olds.

Overall, I like what I see so far. Not too much gameplay to sink my teeth into, but it looks quite better (smoother) than last year. The animations look more fluid. Two months away for us to really know what we're getting with '08. I think I may be happy with it. Again, there will be flaws, but what game is pristine.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #30
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

anyone have a link to this on any other site besides gametrailers? I cant access that webpage from where i am...
Old 05-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #31
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Actually eveything he said was true..
Really? Like what?

"LB's skating on the field"-sorry, not seeing it.

"This game seems to play like Ncaa 2k3..." Well, there are 11 players per team, and they're playing college football. Other than that...

I'm not any happier with the rollout thing than you are, but to declare it a gamekiller at this point is premature. At the very least we should wait for some gameplay vids on something other than varsity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #32
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Liking the campus mode. Going through high school is a nice touch. Like someone said earlier the kickoff camera was nice and hopefully it means more playable angles. With the success of the NBA 2K camera angles I would hope EA would give us a ton this year in their football games.

I don't know if it was in last year, but it seems they have a ESPN.com section. I noticed when he was simming it said it was gathering stories for ESPN.com. Hopefully like the SI covers back in the day we have more detailed storylines and other season happenings in our franchises detailed for us. Didn't see any indication of ESPN presenatation in the game, which sucks. I hope they have in game tickers and highlights of other games while we play our games. I hope for that every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »