Home

GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07

This is a discussion on GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #41
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garydee
One minor complaint from the video. Kickoffs are from the 40 in high school, not from the 30.
I noticed the same thing and I'm just wandering what other high school rules they got wrong. I'm must be the only one who doesn't like the HS stuff because it just feels tacked on to me. All the players look like college players playing in a HS size stadium. Also, aren't the goal post wider in HS vs college because they appear to be the same size as the college ones in the videos. It just looks like it will feel like your are playing a college game in a small stadium and, if that's the case what is really the point. Just feels tacked on to me. Oh well, the rest of the game looks good to me and I really don't care that much about the Legend mode. What I want to know more about is the dynasty mode and online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
I noticed the same thing and I'm just wandering what other high school rules they got wrong. I'm must be the only one who doesn't like the HS stuff because it just feels tacked on to me. All the players look like college players playing in a HS size stadium. Also, aren't the goal post wider in HS vs college because they appear to be the same size as the college ones in the videos. It just looks like it will feel like your are playing a college game in a small stadium and, if that's the case what is really the point. Just feels tacked on to me. Oh well, the rest of the game looks good to me and I really don't care that much about the Legend mode. What I want to know more about is the dynasty mode and online play.
I get exactly what you're saying. Its a cool concept but it adds nothing to the bigger picture. I also want to know and dynasty, online, player editing, commentary, presentation etc. I know that stuff is prob soon to come but i just get so anxious once any info starts poppin up. But i'm still really liking what i am seeing so far.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
It isn't close to perfect but it's a lot better than the old 10 plays from Madden's mini-camp. I think it's a great addition.

The only bad thing is not only do we have to deal with "OMG Florida State's third corner is only an 85?! I know he's never played before, but he's going to be a 99!!!!" Or the inevitable "Auburn's third string guard is listed as the 4th string tackle. I'm never playing this again."

But now we have to deal with:

A) My HS's uniform isn't right and the stadium is wrong!!!
and
B) Is my team in the game!?!?!?

And yes, I will be one of those asking.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #44
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

Are there actually real HS names in the game? From the video it appeared (to me anyway) that they were just using city/town names as the school names. I'm probably wrong because he was using California as the state and I know nothing about Cal's HS names.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

The high school names appear to just be city names. I think he mentioned that in there somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #46
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
Am I the only one thinking the game looks good? It is soo smoth compared to last years. The animations are much better as well. I am reaaaallly excited.
You're definetely not alone... I'm pretty damn pumped... can't wait to pick it up at midnight assuming Gamestop does that again

Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm glad they got rid those stiff movements. I hope gametrailers provides more videos.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
The high school names appear to just be city names. I think he mentioned that in there somewhere.
My bad. I saw Mission Viejo, and being unfamiliar with Cali, but knowing that's where some USC players went, I figured it was a private school, but looking it up it's a location.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »