Home

GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07

This is a discussion on GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: GameTrailers Developer Walkthrough of Campus Legend 05/12/07

As far as editing players goes, the "legend" featured the ability to edit equipment. Hopefully this same level of customizing applies to the actual game rosters.

Also, did anybody notice the pregame graphics looked vaguely ESPN-ish. The reddish colors with the yard markers moving? I don't remember if that's exactly how ESPN's look, but they're pretty similar. Perhaps EA is relenting enough to at least give the presentation aspects an ESPN feel.

Below are screens of both issues above:

Old 05-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #50
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

anyone else notice in the second video when he was looking at the calender, one of the simulated actions was 'compliling espn.com news stories'? do you think this will be similar to the ESPN magazine feature?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #51
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah, I'm really stoked about that. I LOVED the magazine on current gen, and am hoping that this espn.com thing will served as an improved version of that. Maybe this is the feature that will make it a "revoluationary dynasty mode." (or maybe its something different entirely)

On that note, I'm really trying not to get too excited about the posibility of game highlights during a dynasty, but they sure are doing cool things with the replay video stuff… and I read somewhere that Chris Fowler will be in this game too. "Let's kick it back to Chris in the studio for scores and updates…" Wishful thinking I'm sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2007, 01:20 AM   #52
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

i think this looks pretty cool looking so far.

As far as highschool rules and stuff, who cares, you get to play 4 games in highschool, i dont care if they have the rules or not, it is just better than playing mini camp games that make or break you.

I just hope it is alot harder to become a starter at a big school, seemed like he moved up on the depth chart pretty easy in that practice.

But i am looking foward to playing at a big school, and the first year getting a couple of games in, or playing when my team is blowing people out, now that you dont have to sit and watch all the game if you dont want to.

Should be alot of fun.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #53
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porters55
As far as editing players goes, the "legend" featured the ability to edit equipment. Hopefully this same level of customizing applies to the actual game rosters.

Also, did anybody notice the pregame graphics looked vaguely ESPN-ish. The reddish colors with the yard markers moving? I don't remember if that's exactly how ESPN's look, but they're pretty similar. Perhaps EA is relenting enough to at least give the presentation aspects an ESPN feel.

Below are screens of both issues above:

Nice catch on the ESPN yard marker background, didn't see that.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
anyone else notice in the second video when he was looking at the calender, one of the simulated actions was 'compliling espn.com news stories'? do you think this will be similar to the ESPN magazine feature?
I noticed this too. I pray, PRAY that they reimplemented some sort of a story mode or bring back the covers, PLEASE!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #55
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I know that this has been said a bunch, but it is sad to see that no one who is playing these early builds of the game can complete a throw from the pocket. Every video from every site is just roll right, roll left and throw. It is really sad to see. But the videos do look pretty nice. I hope they keep progressing along.

Calm down hes just showing off features and hes playing on a low level when Ea holds the community day then we will see how the game really plays.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is the game going to be at 60+FPS on the 360?? Watch at the top of the loading screen right after they do the walk through on the high school brackets. Interesting what is says....

The gameplay does look very smooth and the AA is nice as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »