Home

Recruiting - BPA or System guy

This is a discussion on Recruiting - BPA or System guy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you recruit BPA or System ?
Best Player Avaliable 50 54.35%
Guy that fits your system better 42 45.65%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #25
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Recruiting - BPA or System guy

I used to recruit strictly by my system, but I've learned to adjust.

Offense [Five single-back, four "I", three Shotgun]:

QB: I value accuracy above all else. Accuracy>Power>Speed. Speed is nice, but not essential. My QB at Wyoming just finished his Senior (RS) season and only had 59 SPD but ended up with 89/91 Power/Accuracy. He threw for just under 16,000 yards in his career. He was easily the best QB I've ever had stastically, but nowhere near the best ratings-wise.

RB: I am more and more going runningback by committee. I used to strictly use power backs, but I've learned to mix and match (ala Reggie Bush and Lendale White). My RB at Oregon State just finished his career. After being a two star recruit, he ended up an All American as he was a constant threat on returns and averaged 1,150 yards rushing and 400 receiving over his junior and senior seasons. He is only 6' 185.

FB: Size and Awareness above all else. I rarely get a highly rated guy.

WR: Hands and speed. I can deal with any size, but he has to be able to catch the ball. Speed really isn't that big of a deal, but it's nice.

TE: Big blockers who can catch about ten to fifteen balls a year.

OL: Generally BPA, but I make sure to check the bench and squat before offering the higher rated guy.

Defense; [3-4; mostly cover three with a little cover two to mix it up; lots of blitzing]:

DT: Biggest, strongest available. Speed is a non-issue.

DE: I generally recruit tall, lanky DTs and move them to DE. A frequent example is a 6'4" 270 pound DT who becomes a strong DE for me.

MLB: Speed is not an issue. I want big guys who have the awareness to be at the right place at the right time.

OLB: Speed and size. They must be fast enough to cover the flats, but big enough not to get pushed around. Usually no one below 220 pounds.

SS: Size and awareness. Speed is not that big of deal. He is usually playing close to the line. As long as he doesn't take false steps and can tackle well, I'll use him.

FS: Speed and awareness. He must be able to cover center field and make plays, so he can't be an idiot.

K/P: Best power/accuracy available. If I have an open spot, I'll recruit an extra kicker or punter to develop before he is thrown into the fire. It's nice to have a third year sophomore kicker as a rookie.

I'll also take any TB/WR who is straight speed. I'll utilize him on returns and that way he'll always be fresh on returns and my skill position guys will get less tired and wear and tear.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »