Home

New Formations!

This is a discussion on New Formations! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: New Formations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Im just still wondering how the Wildcat formation is ruining college football wehn only a few teams run it
i like the classic pocket passer, slow, immobile qb running the O...guess i'm just not hip to the high school style of snapping the ball to a RB or WR and running around. Just seems kinda cheesy to me, now that's just my opinion, it's obviously not the majority's, b/c most people love it. God i love myself. I didn't like the "new coke" either, that's why they switched back to the original classic formula. These things work in cycles, so I'm sure this fad will fade like the rest. Or maybe the pocket passer was the fad that will fade, who knows.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #34
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
QB's that have run for 1000 yds and passed for 2000 yds?
I can think of one...
Woody Dantzler of Clemson. He was the first, not sure if it's been duplicated.

I know b/c that's all I heard from Clemson fans his junior or season season...and how he should have been a serious Heisman candidate.

Last edited by GAMEC0CK2002; 06-11-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Ah the negatives of reading and culture. What is the world coming to?
All in interpretations and opinions I guess...

Negatives in art? I dunno, but a few years back there was a guy whose idea of "art" was a glass of urine with a crucifix in it....doesn't bother me too much, but I know plenty of people who consider that very negative. Avant garde 'art' is frequently viewed by middle America with scrunched up noses and muffled gasps.

Reading? Same thing. People used to burn copies of 'Catcher in the Rye' and 'Wizard of Oz' for god's sake. There are lunatic fringe types today who tell people that the Harry Potter books are 'evil'.

I don't mean to be preachy (and I realize this is a bit off topic), but accepting the public perception that gaming and gamers should inherently be kids or immature is a dis-service to the medium in general. Just as some people can disagree for the value or reading certain books or viewing certain art, so to can people disagree about the type of conduct that is acceptable in video gaming. I think the bigger crime would be to collectively throw our hands in the air and say "that's to be expected".

Just my opinion....I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #36
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
i like the classic pocket passer, slow, immobile qb running the O...guess i'm just not hip to the high school style of snapping the ball to a RB or WR and running around. Just seems kinda cheesy to me, now that's just my opinion, it's obviously not the majority's, b/c most people love it. God i love myself. I didn't like the "new coke" either, that's why they switched back to the original classic formula. These things work in cycles, so I'm sure this fad will fade like the rest. Or maybe the pocket passer was the fad that will fade, who knows.
This is where football comes from man; Single Wing, ND Box, Short Punt. It's old-school football at its finest and was there long before the "pocket passer" days.

The game is cyclical though, maybe will see some teams go Wishbone or Power I again. Rarely is anything "new" in football anymore, although recent developments such as the zone read and pistol do bring something "new" to the table. The Wildcat is essentially the Single Wing with the Jet sweep added into it.

That's what great about the game though, different people like different styles. I can appreciate the Hawai'i Run and Shoot just as much as I can Navy's triple option. Both show thier respective offenses at their finest, although the Georgia Southern teams that Johnson had were probably more dangerous with the triple than his current Navy teams just because of the speed they brought to the table. Different strokes for different folks I guess
Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 26

i wasn't alive or watching college football when ND was running the box, but i've seen film: mesmerizing stuff. I'm sure i'll get used to the new style, just not as quickly as the rest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »