Home

NEW Masterbit VIDEO:: Ohio St. Michigan

This is a discussion on NEW Masterbit VIDEO:: Ohio St. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #73
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NEW Masterbit VIDEO:: Ohio St. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
Wow....I haven't played NCAA since 2005 on Xbox and besides the awsome look of the stadiums nothing looks like its changed. The run/pass blocking is still very poor. Outside contain by DE/LB or Corners is still non-existent. QB's can take a 15 step drop and still deliver dimes all across the field.

It does seem that they fixed some of the momentum tackles so big 6'5 260 TE don't get face planted by corner backs but the tackling is still too spastic and massive. Every tackle looks like a "jacked up" hit. The gang tackling is more like hold them up and then watch them fall at 1000 times the speed is humanly possible.

Still no piles or any sense of collision detection on the goal line....notice how in the FSU vs. Cal the QB sneak the offensive line doesn't fire out and the DT wraps up and spins and tackles the quarterback(the one earlier in the game not at the goal line) as all 20 other players sit and watch....that is the most obtrusive disregard for the real game of football there is in video games. Can we get lineman to drive low, DT to actually care about gap assignments and creating a pile? Doesn't anybody care about the real facets of the game? How long is this game going to have everybody immediately stops what they are doing when the ball, whether they can see it or not crosses the goal line ? Goal line situations are dead have been since this games creation. Sad.

The presentation would be better in a morgue. Seriously can we get some TV style presentation? Some stat overlays? Something that draws me into the game besides the beautiful looking stadiums? Seriously nothing has changed presentation wise since the beginning of last gen (2002?). Well the individual player celebration without cut scenes is actually pretty nice but the crappy presentation of them belittles it.

I was hoping for more since I haven't played or really looked at NCAA in so long. Next gen or not the game really hasn't taken any strides on the field. The game play looks exactly the same as it did in 2005. For me I really think it is more of wait until next year and I will spend my $60 in the bar. Double shot of Jameson and a nice tall Killian's.
Yeah that qb sneak was pathetic. In one of the masterbits the qb dove backwards like he hit a invisible barrier or somthing. There was alot I like but the overall gameplay hasnt changed just made smoother
Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 AM   #74
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I dont know wat some of you guys are seeing when you watch these videos. I was very tough on last year's next gen game, it was damn near unplayable IMO, but even I can admit this game looks leaps and bounds better than 07. EA was going to have to work hard to get my money this year, and luckily it seems like they did.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #75
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Wow....I haven't played NCAA since 2005 on Xbox and besides the awsome look of the stadiums nothing looks like its changed. The run/pass blocking is still very poor. Outside contain by DE/LB or Corners is still non-existent. QB's can take a 15 step drop and still deliver dimes all across the field.

It does seem that they fixed some of the momentum tackles so big 6'5 260 TE don't get face planted by corner backs but the tackling is still too spastic and massive. Every tackle looks like a "jacked up" hit. The gang tackling is more like hold them up and then watch them fall at 1000 times the speed is humanly possible.

Still no piles or any sense of collision detection on the goal line....notice how in the FSU vs. Cal the QB sneak the offensive line doesn't fire out and the DT wraps up and spins and tackles the quarterback(the one earlier in the game not at the goal line) as all 20 other players sit and watch....that is the most obtrusive disregard for the real game of football there is in video games. Can we get lineman to drive low, DT to actually care about gap assignments and creating a pile? Doesn't anybody care about the real facets of the game? How long is this game going to have everybody immediately stops what they are doing when the ball, whether they can see it or not crosses the goal line ? Goal line situations are dead have been since this games creation. Sad.

The presentation would be better in a morgue. Seriously can we get some TV style presentation? Some stat overlays? Something that draws me into the game besides the beautiful looking stadiums? Seriously nothing has changed presentation wise since the beginning of last gen (2002?). Well the individual player celebration without cut scenes is actually pretty nice but the crappy presentation of them belittles it.

I was hoping for more since I haven't played or really looked at NCAA in so long. Next gen or not the game really hasn't taken any strides on the field. The game play looks exactly the same as it did in 2005. For me I really think it is more of wait until next year and I will spend my $60 in the bar. Double shot of Jameson and a nice tall Killian's.
I couldn't have stated it better myself. I have and will continue to buy NCAA football but at this point that speaks more to my love of the actual game as opposed to its video game representation. What people will accept as a good game is pretty surprising and disappointing. When the companies finally give us a real virtual experience in about 30 yrs from now at the pace they are going, we will look back and be shocked at what we though was a good game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:

Have you played the game yet?
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 06-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #77
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7406
I couldn't have stated it better myself. I have and will continue to buy NCAA football but at this point that speaks more to my love of the actual game as opposed to its video game representation. What people will accept as a good game is pretty surprising and disappointing. When the companies finally give us a real virtual experience in about 30 yrs from now at the pace they are going, we will look back and be shocked at what we though was a good game

Unfreakinbelievable. I don't know what some of you people expect. You want EA to come to your house and cook and clean for you? It's a friggin' video game. It's not going to be perfect. I look back 17 years to Tecmo Super Bowl and have fond memories of what a fun game that was, and that certainly can't compare to the games of today. Some people apparently just like to complain for the hell of it. If it makes you happy, go for it.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #78
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I dont know wat some of you guys are seeing when you watch these videos. I was very tough on last year's next gen game, it was damn near unplayable IMO, but even I can admit this game looks leaps and bounds better than 07. EA was going to have to work hard to get my money this year, and luckily it seems like they did.
Finally, the voice of reason. The first effort on next-gen was going to have issues, that was predictable. But from everything I've seen and read, it appears this version has made major strides. Maybe it will suck (though I highly doubt it), but the point is, there is no concrete evidence yet to suggest that it will stink.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #79
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Finally, the voice of reason. The first effort on next-gen was going to have issues, that was predictable. But from everything I've seen and read, it appears this version has made major strides. Maybe it will suck (though I highly doubt it), but the point is, there is no concrete evidence yet to suggest that it will stink.
I think folks are having a hard time understanding everyone's view is different. For example, if my primary reason for not liking last year's game was that pockets didn't form because DEs did't get up the field and/or OTs did't force them up the field, then I see 30-40 pass plays of this year's version where the samething happens(or doesn't), then that's evidence. Maybe not concrete since users could be telling their DEs to crash every play, but we can only judge what we see.

-----------------------------

It's funny to see folks say, "How can you say the game will suck and you haven't played?" Then in the very next breadth say, "This game is going to be great!" If folks can say the game will be great from some vids, why can't others say the game will suck?

Folks have to realize that because they like the few changes that have been made, doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same. 2-man tackles could send one person to the bank to withdraw $62, while the lack of a pocket can send another to the 2K boards.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #80
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Some things I just noticed in those vids that are very positive.

In video number 2 the Ohio State OLB #1 takes the correct angles to get to the RB he fights through traffic runs around players and gets trucked. But at least he takes the right angles to get into position to make the play.

That was not how it was last year on all running plays last year the LB's would always crash down into the line of scrimmage. They almost never took the right angles to ball carrier. Thats why running to the outside was so easy in NCAA/MADDEN last year. Well thats one of the reasons but it was a big one people would just start running inside, all the LB's would crash the line of scrimmage and then all you had to do was bounce the run outside for a big gain.

Another thing that I noticed the pitch animation for the option has been changed. Michi ran the option 3 or 4 times in those vids and if you go back and look at them pay attention to the animation of M.Hart catching the ball. You will see that he takes a step or two to cradle the ball then he cuts upfield, this didn't happen last year. The RB would just catch the ball and sprint upfield. This should make running the option harder and more easy to contain.

This is great news indeed.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 06-15-2007 at 12:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »