Home

NEW Masterbit VIDEO:: Ohio St. Michigan

This is a discussion on NEW Masterbit VIDEO:: Ohio St. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #65
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NEW Masterbit VIDEO:: Ohio St. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75
I get insider for free because I have comcast.
I can get it for free, too, because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 01:39 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Really how??? I'm on Comcast too and I have always paid for it, wasn't aware you could get IGN Insider without paying.
It's free if you have the 8Mbps Internet service (not the 6Mbps apparently). You get a free subscription to IGN Founders Club, FileFront, Gamespy and Gamespy Arcade, it was a bunch of different sites... can't remember off the top of my head. Haven't been able to sign up tho... I'm guessing I don't have the 8Mbps service. Seems like some great benefits if you have it tho.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:05 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 31

Wow....I haven't played NCAA since 2005 on Xbox and besides the awsome look of the stadiums nothing looks like its changed. The run/pass blocking is still very poor. Outside contain by DE/LB or Corners is still non-existent. QB's can take a 15 step drop and still deliver dimes all across the field.

It does seem that they fixed some of the momentum tackles so big 6'5 260 TE don't get face planted by corner backs but the tackling is still too spastic and massive. Every tackle looks like a "jacked up" hit. The gang tackling is more like hold them up and then watch them fall at 1000 times the speed is humanly possible.

Still no piles or any sense of collision detection on the goal line....notice how in the FSU vs. Cal the QB sneak the offensive line doesn't fire out and the DT wraps up and spins and tackles the quarterback(the one earlier in the game not at the goal line) as all 20 other players sit and watch....that is the most obtrusive disregard for the real game of football there is in video games. Can we get lineman to drive low, DT to actually care about gap assignments and creating a pile? Doesn't anybody care about the real facets of the game? How long is this game going to have everybody immediately stops what they are doing when the ball, whether they can see it or not crosses the goal line ? Goal line situations are dead have been since this games creation. Sad.

The presentation would be better in a morgue. Seriously can we get some TV style presentation? Some stat overlays? Something that draws me into the game besides the beautiful looking stadiums? Seriously nothing has changed presentation wise since the beginning of last gen (2002?). Well the individual player celebration without cut scenes is actually pretty nice but the crappy presentation of them belittles it.

I was hoping for more since I haven't played or really looked at NCAA in so long. Next gen or not the game really hasn't taken any strides on the field. The game play looks exactly the same as it did in 2005. For me I really think it is more of wait until next year and I will spend my $60 in the bar. Double shot of Jameson and a nice tall Killian's.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77
It's free if you have the 8Mbps Internet service (not the 6Mbps apparently). You get a free subscription to IGN Founders Club, FileFront, Gamespy and Gamespy Arcade, it was a bunch of different sites... can't remember off the top of my head. Haven't been able to sign up tho... I'm guessing I don't have the 8Mbps service. Seems like some great benefits if you have it tho.
I do have the 8mbps internet service, so where do I go to get these benefits? they're not on my benefits page, I checked last night.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
Wow....I haven't played NCAA since 2005 on Xbox and besides the awsome look of the stadiums nothing looks like its changed. The run/pass blocking is still very poor. Outside contain by DE/LB or Corners is still non-existent. QB's can take a 15 step drop and still deliver dimes all across the field.
Although you claim you watched the videos you must have watched 5 seconds worth because if you did you wouldn't be saying things like your last statement above. Either that or you simply hate EA's games and will never buy them and just like to criticize without ever intention of ever actually considering if they've improved (and I can assure you the difference from 2005 to 2007 is night and day).

Oh and enjoy your wasting your money on overpriced bar beer

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #70
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I do have the 8mbps internet service, so where do I go to get these benefits? they're not on my benefits page, I checked last night.
Http://www.comcast.net/gameinvasion

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 06-15-2007, 07:37 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Thank you sir!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #72
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Ok, I give up. Were the players "sliding all over the field" or does it "look like they removed all momentum the way the players were changing direction"?

Most of it was on kickoffs. Its just my opinion coog. I really like the running animations but IMO players are changing directions way to easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »