Home

Discuss all team and player ratings here

This is a discussion on Discuss all team and player ratings here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #57
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Some Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
It's the SEC speed!
It's the SEC mythology!

We'll play Div-IAA teams and the occasionaly Div-IA team - always at home. Then talk incessantly, all year, about how good we all are.

When Wyoming (6-5) beat Ole Miss at home, and then beat them the next year (while going 4-7) on the road, the best comment that I read was that Ole Miss should never have scheduled that series.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoslaw77
When Wyoming (6-5) beat Ole Miss at home, and then beat them the next year (while going 4-7) on the road, the best comment that I read was that Ole Miss should never have scheduled that series.

Ole Miss sucks. In every possible way. Why you would bring them up as being a good win is mind bottling.

The SEC usually has 3 top 10, championship caliber teams, 2 more top 25 teams, and then another good team. They'll have 2 more 7-5 to 5-6 type teams, and then 4 of the worst BCS teams in the land. That's how it works.

The PAC 10 will usually have a team that is the best team or second best team in the land, another top 10-15 team, and a top 25 team. They'll have one abysmal team, but the other 6 will all be in the range of between pretty good and mediocre.

The ACC right now is just bad.

Nobody ever knows how good the Big XII or Big 10 teams are.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #59
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Ole Miss sucks. In every possible way. Why you would bring them up as being a good win is mind bottling.

The SEC usually has 3 top 10, championship caliber teams, 2 more top 25 teams, and then another good team. They'll have 2 more 7-5 to 5-6 type teams, and then 4 of the worst BCS teams in the land. That's how it works.
And how does the SEC rack up so many wins? Just like he said, they play D 1-AA and schools like Wyoming, always at home. Not a bad deal if you can get it, though.

Quote:
The PAC 10 will usually have a team that is the best team or second best team in the land, another top 10-15 team, and a top 25 team. They'll have one abysmal team, but the other 6 will all be in the range of between pretty good and mediocre.
I think you're overrating the Pac 10 a little bit. I agree with your top 3 thing, but the rest being in pretty good-mediocre is a stretch. Washington, Washington State, Arizona... all mediocre at best.

Quote:

On the ACC - agreed.

On the Big XII/Big 10 - why would you say that? Do you say that because you think they don't play outside of their conference enough (which is true)? Or because the media doesn't cover them enough (also true)? What makes you say you don't know about them, when you can tell how good the SEC or Pac 10 is fairly easily?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #60
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
And how does the SEC rack up so many wins? Just like he said, they play D 1-AA and schools like Wyoming, always at home. Not a bad deal if you can get it, though.

I think you're overrating the Pac 10 a little bit. I agree with your top 3 thing, but the rest being in pretty good-mediocre is a stretch. Washington, Washington State, Arizona... all mediocre at best.

On the ACC - agreed.

On the Big XII/Big 10 - why would you say that? Do you say that because you think they don't play outside of their conference enough (which is true)? Or because the media doesn't cover them enough (also true)? What makes you say you don't know about them, when you can tell how good the SEC or Pac 10 is fairly easily?
Dude, I'm a BigXII guy and even I have a hard time figuring them out. The BigXII is like a really talented painter who just happens to have schizophrenia . . . yeah, occasionally the BigXII rises up and makes a case for #1 in the land, but most of the time they just end up looking like wasted talent. Sad but true.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:

No conference outside the PAC 10 can talk about OoC. No one. Even the Big 10 who doesn't play a ton of 1AA schools still plays the MAC schools, who outside of 2-3 programs might as well be 1AA.

The Big 10 and Big XII as the dude above me said are schizophrenic. One day, Oklahoma, OSU, and Nebraska look like the best team ever. Then they get *** raped in the chip game. After 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2006, I have serious doubts about how good either of those conferences are.

The PAC 10 and SEC deliver in the big games. Both conferences are a combined 13-4 in BCS games, with 2 of the losses being by 3, the others being clearly overmatched teams, but still losing by 17 and 20. Overall, the two conferences have a delta of 202 points.

The Big XII and Big 10 combined are 5-10 combined (and split 1-1 with each other). Combined, the have a delta of negative 93. That also doesn't include the Big 10s partner in crime, Notre Dame.

And before anyone brings up "OMG THE PAC 10 IS JUST USC!!!!", the PAC 10 has had 3 teams win BCS bowls this decade. The Big 10 and Big XII have 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2007, 01:58 AM   #62
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

haha mind bottling...
Old 06-16-2007, 04:04 AM   #63
Rookie

nja311's Arena

OVR: 9

quick question. if you stack the pac 10 teams verse the sec teams (excluding 2) who wins that series. lets look at the matchups from top to bottom based on the standings from last year.

usc vs fla- tough call ill say fla cuz they are the nat champs
ark vs -cal - mcfadden runs wild ark wins
lsu vs oreg st. -lsu in a roooomp
auburn vs ucla - auburn easy
tennesee vs oreg - this is close....ill give this one to oreg
georgia vs ariz st.- asu most overratted team every year.....ga wins easy
kentucky vs wash st.- ummmm wazu barely
s. car vs arizona- gamecocks even though im biased i think most people would agree
alabama vs. wash.- bama by 50
ole miss vs stanford- stanford is one of the worst teams in 1-a.... ole miss

thats sec-8
pac 10 - 2

agree or disagree?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Wake Forest in 2006 has what to do with FSU in 2005?
They helped prove what the real problem was at FSU that went back to 2001. Funny, LSU hired Jimbo Fisher around the same time, maybe Bobby should've listed to Terry a long time ago.

That being said, I am perhaps the biggest FSU homer on this site, and if I read that correctly, FSU is presently tied as the second best team at 94 overall, which will drop to third overall once we see USC's ratings. That seems a little high coming off of 7-6 season.

Now that being said, despite being 7-6, 5 of those losses came by a TD or less. This is while being handicapped by Jeff Bowden and the inane coaching of Mark McHale. Now the offense is lead by Jimbo Fisher and the offensive line coached by Rick Trickett. If those two are there last year, I don't think it's unreasonable to say 7-6 could have easily been 10-3 if not better. According to Phil Steele, FSU is the second most talented team in America behind USC, the difference is the coaching. At least as of now, the coaching gap on offense is a lot closer, and the coaching on defense is even better than before with Chuck Amato back. Now factor in EA is in Florida and always overrates Florida teams and we see why FSU is a 94 overall. I can only imagine Antone Smith has a very high rating based off the spring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »