Home

Moostache's Community Day Impressions

This is a discussion on Moostache's Community Day Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #41
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Moostache's Community Day Impressions

Simply outstanding impressions. I can't wait to pick up my copy.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Online will be a cheesefest again, you can tell by his comments.

Pass.
Every sports game with a big enough fanbase is a cheesefest.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did you happen to notice or check if it was possible to watch a CPU vs. CPU game? I was really dissapointed this was not in last year's version of NCAA or Madden for the 360.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I think most of the guys that went to community day thinks this game is going to be outstanding.

You compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.
Im comparing sports videogames to other sports videogames. Apples to apples. I almost guarantee the guys who played it feel the same as I do. Read their impressions....its enthusiasm mixed with "no game is perfect, this wasnt added, this seems the same, this still isnt in the game, etc., etc."

Look, Im just expressing frustration that EAs titles seem to be further away from awesome than other titles of the sports genre. Its not just EA bashing, its different. You love it and hate it every year.

I understand football is a difficult sport to program for, but ONE MOTHER-Fing playable camera? No refs. No chain gang. The list goes on, my point is that every year that goes by is a list of fixes and a list of things lacking or unimproved.

Last edited by silver540i; 06-14-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Im comparing sports videogames to other sports videogames. Apples to apples.
No, football is a completely different way to approach a game than any other sport. There are many unique positions with unique AI in football. In basketball and baseball, there are not. For all due purposes, every player on a basketball court is the same person with different attributes and different settings.

In football, a QB and OL have to have completely different animations and thought processes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou79
Did you happen to notice or check if it was possible to watch a CPU vs. CPU game? I was really dissapointed this was not in last year's version of NCAA or Madden for the 360.
Sorry...did not think to try this out. I am not sure if it is in or not....
Old 06-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Moose,

Thanks for the detailed impressions. Sounds like the gameplay will be pretty tight.

One thing I've been wondering about is the kicking game. Is it still as easy and as bad as last year?

Thanks
Well, I played only head-to-head games, so I am not sure how the CPU kicking is. I can say that the kickers have got some serious leg in this game. In the game I used Auburn I missed a 56-yard kick by about 1 foot - it hit the cross bar and bounced out. I also managed to miss a FG wide, but that was basically on me for bad aim more than anything else. I had one XP blocked and no FG attempts blocked in 7 games total...so that seems about right. It definitely did not feel like 2007 - where almost every single kick was either blocked or seemed very close to getting blocked. If you played Madden and NCAA on the 360 last year I would say that the kicking game and in particular the attempts to block kicks felt like they split the difference. On Madden I felt that blocking kicks was nearly impossible while on NCAA it was almost too easy at times. In NCAA 2008, I think in limited number of attempts, that it is a pretty good balance between the two...
Old 06-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan49
WTF.

This is just simply ridiculous. No co-op.
I can't see how this can be so difficult to implement in a game--especially since it was in Bill Walsh College Football back on the Genesis.
I have talked to Will at EA today and he is going to confirm this one way or the other in the next few days. No co-op may very well be the case, but it is NOT confirmed. We have two very different statements on that and unfortunately we did not try it out while we had the game in front of us...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »