Home

NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere

This is a discussion on NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #25
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
To be completely honest the Original poster is right on this thread and the other. Going to games the bands the atmosphere is much more live and frenzied... NCAA has taken a step back in that regard. I mean you could use the same kinda run of the tunnel then pan the stadium while they talk about the teams. But with gameplay being most important I can always play the band songs via MP3 like I have been doing for years.
Some people go to schools with terrible bands so they don't know about real bands. And no, I'm not talking about Ohio State or other crappy bands that don't actually march.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

The only presentation upgrade that I desperately want is team entrances. I don't think you need 119 entrances or specific soundtracks, just something that resembles the teams entrance.

I think you could take care of about half the teams with just a cut scene of the players running out with their team's flag leading the way and their fight song being played.

You could also take care of Texas, FSU, Oklahoma, Colorado, USC, GT, etc. by having an entrance with some sort of a mascot leading the team.

I've noticed more teams using smoke so that could be an entrance.

Then you have a couple schools like Clemson, Tennessee, Michigan that have really unique entrances.

Now, my team is the Iowa Hawkeyes. I don't need their exact entrance or the song, Enter Sandman before they come out but it would add so much to see them running out to "On Iowa".
Old 06-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #27
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Didn't the remove the bands from the 360 version this year?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
hope not. i have a ps3 but if they're out of the 360 version they're probably out of the ps3 version.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #29
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Remove the bands??? That would be an odd and disappointing move.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

i agree we need some atmosphere in both madden and NCAA w/out it u dont rele get the whole football experience.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:18 AM   #31
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

One thing i wish they could do is, if anybody plays MLB 2K7 will know this. As the game is loading you usually see the outside of the baseball stadium right? Well as the game is loading they can maybe do a sequence that could show outside the school's stadium. Show tents with people tailgating or the team's walk through. Show all this while giving a breakdown on the key players. Kind of how they do for the pitchers as it is loading for MLB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 AM   #32
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

The Madden and NCAA teams needs to hook-up with the FIFA team because those guys made a game with the best atmosphere I've ever experienced!

In this shot you can see fireworks going off in the air, confetti falling from the rafters, trash on the field, fans throwing streamers, and beach-balls in the crowd; and this is just the PRE-GAME festivities (the stadium is even more lively DURING the game)...NCAA & Madden take notes!

In this shot you can tell that something of significance has actually been won!

So EA has a department that knows what atmosphere is, they just need to show the football guys how it's done...

Last edited by DLaren; 06-18-2007 at 05:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »