Home

Pics/Screens from Community Day

This is a discussion on Pics/Screens from Community Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Pics/Screens from Community Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
If my memory serves me correctly, you and I are of the older generation of gamers. I think we played NCAA 2007 early after its release and had a great, SIM style game. I always reference that game when I hear people bash the 360 version. When played "correctly", it is a very enjoyable game of football. Unfortunately, you and I are a rarity online. To add insult to injury, EA refuses to reset records so those of us who suffer losses at the hands of the Velveeta generation are forced to sit in the lounge for hours on end looking for someone, ANYONE to accept challenges from a double digit loser.
I got some pretty enjoyable games in right after the release as well. I think I might've played Moosetache and I know I played ALL4ISU as well as a couple others. On the flip, i felt like punching babies after playing some other cats that didn't share the same kind of philosophy and rolled out their QB and threw corner routes all game long.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I completly ditched playing online after all crap I encountered. i will ONLY play friends.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
On the flip, i felt like punching babies after playing some other cats that didn't share the same kind of philosophy and rolled out their QB and threw corner routes all game long.

BINGO! That is the nonsense that totally ruined the online experience in NCAA 2007. Everytime I saw someone take a team with a mobile QB I knew it was going to be a horrible experience.

As far as only playing friends, if anyone needs another "friend" that plays straight up, sim football, add njskillz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #36
MVP

I'll send an invite over to you.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #37
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Bangpow, did you get a chance to see how blocking on the perimeter is this year? I had the hardest time with sweeps and options last year because it wasn't just cause they couldn't hold their blocks, it was 'cause they whiffed on all of 'em!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Bangpow, did you get a chance to see how blocking on the perimeter is this year? I had the hardest time with sweeps and options last year because it wasn't just cause they couldn't hold their blocks, it was 'cause they whiffed on all of 'em!
Blocking has been rewritten. Granted, it's not perfect, but it is done rather nicely. You can actually run stretch plays this year and utilize zone blocking schemes. It's nicely done, but I did see a brain dead LG totally not pickup a block he was supposed to. So, yeah, it's not quite perfect, but it is better.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #39
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
SC doesnt count. The product on the field is what makes going to SC so difficult.

And OSU can't touch Death Valley.
Have you ever been to game at OSU? I would almost guarantee you haven't. I have, as i now live in Columbus. I also graduated from Tennessee, and i have been to a game at Death Valley. It is no doubt a great atmosphere....but it is not louder than Ohio Stadium. Period. It isn't even louder than Neyland Stadium.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Blocking has been rewritten. Granted, it's not perfect, but it is done rather nicely. You can actually run stretch plays this year and utilize zone blocking schemes. It's nicely done, but I did see a brain dead LG totally not pickup a block he was supposed to. So, yeah, it's not quite perfect, but it is better.
Eh, I kinda like that fact that OL will still miss blocks, it does happen in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »