Home

How much time are you taking off work/school for the release?

This is a discussion on How much time are you taking off work/school for the release? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: How much time are you taking off work/school for the release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Even if I were taking time off... I certainly wouldn't schedule it in advance because there's always that solid chance with this title of getting it at least a week early.
Well I seriously doubt that will happen but if it does my manager is cool enough to let me reschedule it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
No point? Everyone does different things with their time. If you want to go out of town or surf on your vaction, more power to you, if i want to play a video game, there is nothing wrong with using my days for whatever I want to use them for.

I have 20 a year to use...three days is not hurting anything. It is one of if not my biggest hobby.
I (obviously) agree. People take vacation days for a lot of silly reasons. I'm not an outdoorsman at all so to me taking days off to go out in the woods and get eaten up by mosquitos is as "crazy" as taking a day or two off to sit in front of the big screen and play my favorite video game. It's pretty funny how people seem to think because you do something different than the typical "norm" that you somehow should be ashamed or whatever of it. As Dookie says, I have 20 days a year to use and this is something I consider important enough to use 2 days on.

Also, I know some managers are different but i'm sure most of your managers at work would rather you schedule a day or two off a month or so in advance even if it's for a "silly video game", than to simply call off sick at the last minute and leave him/her short handed. I know that is one big reason my manager has always told us that she does not judge what we use are days for, just be honest and try to schedule things in advance.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
LOL. I feel you.

This is the one game that I go nuts for pretty much every year. I've been hyping the release date to my wife every year for the past 3 years. She thinks I'm crazy because she can't find a parallel to my level of excitement over a game. She's cool with it though because she knows my brother and several of my friends are just as silly as grown men.

hahahaha i take going nuts to another level.i first got into the game in '03 and bought it around christmas. i got '04 and '05 a few weeks after the release date. then i decided to order '06 online which was the worst mistake i ever made and will never do again. i was hoping that the game would arrive to my house the date of release, but it didnt, so i waited a day, and another, and another, and another, and another, then i said f it and i cancled the order and went down to the local gamestop and picked it up haha. then last year i decided to get it at midnight so i could make up for the year before. so while entering my car to drive to gamestop for midnight madness, there were 3 roaches in my car! i dont know how they got there, but i sped down to the gamestop, completely ignoring the roaches. parked in 2 parking spots jumped out of the car, and ran into the game stop. unfortunately for me it was only 11:30, so i had to wait for 30 minutes in gamestop and watch the employees play each other. haha i swear i was about to have a seizure watching them play because i wanted to play so bad. well i got the game and played it till 6 so that made everything better

this year me and a few friends are having a midnight madness party and we are pulling an all nighter. i just hope it works out this year
Old 06-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_4_Life
this year me and a few friends are having a midnight madness party and we are pulling an all nighter. i just hope it works out this year
I did that one year, but I like to do that the day after. The reason is that on day one I like to see this team, then this stadium, then check this out and that out and etc and when multiple people are there you really can't do that. So I usually hog day 1 for myself, then get together with friends on day 2 and have a little gaming party.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #61
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I did that one year, but I like to do that the day after. The reason is that on day one I like to see this team, then this stadium, then check this out and that out and etc and when multiple people are there you really can't do that. So I usually hog day 1 for myself, then get together with friends on day 2 and have a little gaming party.

Yep I am the same way. If I am off on the 17th, that means I will have the house to myself to sit there and play an exhibition or two and then check out all the stadiums and a few teams I like to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #62
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

If I do take any time out, it won't be until I have the rosters set and am ready to start my dynasty. Being married w/ a kid, I get to play about one game a night if I'm lucky, so taking a whole day off to get into my dynasty in peace would be great.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #63
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

None, I haven't done that since '05. I used to do it all the time before that, but '05 was sucha disappointment and the series hasn't been worth the hype since.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #64
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
If I do take any time out, it won't be until I have the rosters set and am ready to start my dynasty. Being married w/ a kid, I get to play about one game a night if I'm lucky, so taking a whole day off to get into my dynasty in peace would be great.
I'm not married and don't have a kid, or a job...BUT...I like your point. I'm a big dynasty guy and need the names of players to get my season rolling. I'm moving July the 13th so hopefully I'll be able to pre-order the game when I move to my new town.

Most importantly, I'm getting an HDTV for my new apartment and I can't wait for NCAA to be the first game I ever play in HD. SDTV....he gone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »