Home

Ok EA...time to work on presentation

This is a discussion on Ok EA...time to work on presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #25
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ok EA...time to work on presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeslang
I'm all for great presentation, halftime shows, weekly wrap ups and all that but who honestly doesn't just skip that stuff after a month or 2?

I don't. I love that stuff. I do tend to by-pass alot of things, but rarely the halftime shows. I have also learned that if I slow down and watch some of the animations between plays, it really adds to the immersion factor and reduces the feeling that I am just playing a video game.

As for the theme of the thread, I agree that EA needs to get back into the presentation that they did such a great job on in 2003. I think the last significant addition they made was the SI Covers in 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Kudos on hitting 60 fps. Gameplay looks smooth.

Kudos on adding some animations and giving us a Dynasty mode again.

Kudos on the stadiums. They looks awesome.

Now, lets discuss the elephant in the room. These are items missing since this game was created. So many of these items would make the game incredible, but many would just make it how it SHOULD be.

No people standing behind endzones. Why not?

Players on sidelines are look-a-like zombies. Even on huge runs down the sidelines, they stand silently. Would be nice if they had more idle animations, more variety of model, and if they could get excited on big plays it would be cool.

Post-play animations are still stiff. The D gets a turnover, and the ony guy celebrating is the guy with the ball. The others go zombie and walk away. Touchdowns are similar...most guys on offense should be happy when they score.

No half-time highlights. This was awesome in the 2k series. Also, no weekly highlight show. This would be awesome too. I'd like to see plays from other big games around the country.

No options for playable cameras. Ugh. Why??? Every other sports game besides this and madden give 5-10 camera choices.

I could list others, but these stick out to me.
I agree. We also need teams running out onto the field in the way they do in real life. A camera focusing on impact player predictions and moving about the field. A coin toss with guys walking toward the center of the field. All that pre-game stuff that was in current gen needs to go to next gen. After all this is pretty much current gen now and this stuff needs to be in the game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #27
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

There is really no excuse for all of these elements to be in a game. Remember Madden '92 on last, last, last gen had halftime shows and then it never appeared again.

I'm convinced EA has done a ton of researched and realized that MOST Madden (I'm assuming NCAA players are the same) click through the cutscenes as fast as possible to get back to the game. A LOT of people I've played against click through so fast I don't even know whats going on, and its like that for all sports. My one friend would click through cut scenes so fast in MVP 05 that I wouldn't even know who was coming up to bat.

Yeah...thats gotta be the reason.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #28
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
There is really no excuse for all of these elements to be in a game. Remember Madden '92 on last, last, last gen had halftime shows and then it never appeared again.

I'm convinced EA has done a ton of researched and realized that MOST Madden (I'm assuming NCAA players are the same) click through the cutscenes as fast as possible to get back to the game. A LOT of people I've played against click through so fast I don't even know whats going on, and its like that for all sports. My one friend would click through cut scenes so fast in MVP 05 that I wouldn't even know who was coming up to bat.

I'm sure all of the extra cutscenes, replays, and presentation, etc. are not important in two player games and online matches... but for single player dynasty mode, it helps with the immersion factor a great deal.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12

That is exactly why EA has said they removed all of this stuff.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #30
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That is exactly why EA has said they removed all of this stuff.
Well they need to rethink their plan. There are a ton of dyansty mode players that enjoy those details. Damn you online gamers! LOL.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:20 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 7

"There is really no excuse for all of these elements to be in a game. Remember Madden '92 on last, last, last gen had halftime shows and then it never appeared again."

I remember they had that on the old Lakers vs whoever basketball games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 09:21 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 30

If EA wastes their time with pregame shows, every single one of you better watch them every single time.

This is one of those things where people are only complaining because it's not in the game, not because they use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »