Home

Ok EA...time to work on presentation

This is a discussion on Ok EA...time to work on presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Ok EA...time to work on presentation

Personally,I'd like to see them focus on individual matchups. For instance if you've got an All-American receiver going up against an All-American corner. Maybe have a little cutscene before the game showing the two engaged in a little trash talk. But that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj102990
I hope they work on the crowds. I dont wanna see a sell out every game
They used to do that on the old Triple Play games.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #43
Banned

"More people would watch if they are well done and immersive. Not canned and repetitive."

Exactly,if it's done right I wouldn't have a problem with a highlight show. Say for instance you've got a Bo Jackson like running back and he busts loose on an electrifying 90 yard td run where he breaks 5 tackles and just plows the other teams All American MLB on his way to the end zone. I mean who wouldn't sit and watch a post game highlight show like that?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
If EA wastes their time with pregame shows, every single one of you better watch them every single time.

This is one of those things where people are only complaining because it's not in the game, not because they use it.
Pre-game show isnt high on my list, but it could be if it were done right. It would be valuable if it gave me a kindof scouting report for my opponent. The offensive plays they frequently run, their strengths, their weaknesses, the base D that they play, and of course who the best players are.

An example would be that the game compares my O to their D and sees that their chink happens to be a weak DB or weak LT and LE. So the game makes a recommendation that I target that DB or run left consistently. Make the pre-game more like a report from my scout.

Half-time highlights and a weekly highlight show of big games would be awesome. Not a waste in my opinion. I loved watching them in 2k games.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

ok here is how they will do the top 10 plays of the week.

there is a greatness score on all of the plays. So from each game get the lets say 2 highest scores and save them to memory (shoo that would be alot but lets roll with this for a bit.. lets assume we have 50 games in a day so thats 100 plays lets assume we have about 5mebs per play so thats 500 megs stored). then you take the top 10 scores from those and boop there we have sport centers top 10.

next we can have interviews star wars knights of the old republic style. have about 20 things that you acn say after the game and it can affect your school spirit or something. same with the half time show maybe about 5 plays from the game and a few highlights of some other games (same situation 20 games being played ... same numbers pick the highest scores and show those plays)

we have just made presentation for a football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone
ok here is how they will do the top 10 plays of the week.

there is a greatness score on all of the plays. So from each game get the lets say 2 highest scores and save them to memory (shoo that would be alot but lets roll with this for a bit.. lets assume we have 50 games in a day so thats 100 plays lets assume we have about 5mebs per play so thats 500 megs stored). then you take the top 10 scores from those and boop there we have sport centers top 10.

next we can have interviews star wars knights of the old republic style. have about 20 things that you acn say after the game and it can affect your school spirit or something. same with the half time show maybe about 5 plays from the game and a few highlights of some other games (same situation 20 games being played ... same numbers pick the highest scores and show those plays)

we have just made presentation for a football game.
NICE! You should work for EA Sports!!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

its one thing to psuedo code... its another to implement.
I assume all plays are done in fast motion during the game so everything is accually being recorded just really fast... if not then this would be harder. If sim accually does do the plays of each game superfast then all this is possible with a little more lag between games.

this would make dynasty more indepth... to the point of trying to get in the top 10 every week.

also they could go over the top 25 peoples games like this... there is NEVER a week when all 25 teams are in action but if it did happen that is 25 games... save 10 vids from each game at 5megs a pop thats 250 megs hell in this case they could save 20vids and have 500megs and store all this on your harddrive then play it back to you.

man the possiblities with a harddrive are endless. and even more nice if you can get the size of the videos down even smaller (like in the kb range)
Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #48
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
"More people would watch if they are well done and immersive. Not canned and repetitive."
Do you have any idea how many developmental hours would be needed to do something like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »