Home

Coach Mode

This is a discussion on Coach Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Coach Mode

i never hear anything about a coach only mode. has this been taken out for ever from EAs football games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Coach Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme
i never hear anything about a coach only mode. has this been taken out for ever from EAs football games?
Coach mode was impossible in last year's next gen version because there was no way to get user qb's to throw the ball on their own. It's unclear whether that is still the case this year, but even if it is the supersim mode might provide a work around. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Coach mode was impossible in last year's next gen version because there was no way to get user qb's to throw the ball on their own. It's unclear whether that is still the case this year, but even if it is the supersim mode might provide a work around. Keep your fingers crossed.
I don't know Coog. In supersim you can't control your offensive play calling. After seeing all of the gameplay improvements i was excited about this game . But the lack of a serviceable coach mode makes all of that null.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme

I don't think its in either game this year

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't think its in either game this year
As long as EA hasn't removed the auto-throw option, current gen fans should be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
As long as EA hasn't removed the auto-throw option, current gen fans should be fine.

That's nice to hear but I was looking for a reason to upgrade to Next Gen. Guess I'll be saving my money.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWeL
I don't know Coog. In supersim you can't control your offensive play calling. After seeing all of the gameplay improvements i was excited about this game . But the lack of a serviceable coach mode makes all of that null.
I'm sorry, but this makes NO SENSE to me....

How can you be excited about gameplay improvements in the first place if the only thing you wanted to do was call plays and WATCH the CPU play itself?

If you are not playing the game in the first place and are only calling plays and watching the CPU run them, why would gameplay improvements matter all that much? Wouldn't you be more interested in a better simulation engine rather than gameplay enhancements?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I'm sorry, but this makes NO SENSE to me....

How can you be excited about gameplay improvements in the first place if the only thing you wanted to do was call plays and WATCH the CPU play itself?

If you are not playing the game in the first place and are only calling plays and watching the CPU run them, why would gameplay improvements matter all that much? Wouldn't you be more interested in a better simulation engine rather than gameplay enhancements?
Well, he will be watching, so improved/realistic animations still come into play... gang tackles, blocking, catches, jukes, ect. And AI is still a concern. In fact, the only thing I think a coach mode player wouldn't be too concerned with is control, so the branching technology might not be a big deal.

And I don't think he ever said the ONLY thing he wanted to do was call plays and watch. That could just be his main thing. He could very well be interested - just less - in user vs CPU or user vs user games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »