Home

Which version should I buy?

This is a discussion on Which version should I buy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

MSUDawg68's Arena

OVR: 1
Which version should I buy?

I have a ps3 and a 360. I may play 10 games max online, I'm a dynasty junkie. Which version do you think I should go with? I was thinking 360 just because this is the 2nd year of it on this platform... but I've barely used my ps3 and want to put it to use....decisions decisions...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Which version should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUDawg68
I have a ps3 and a 360. I may play 10 games max online, I'm a dynasty junkie. Which version do you think I should go with? I was thinking 360 just because this is the 2nd year of it on this platform... but I've barely used my ps3 and want to put it to use....decisions decisions...
tough call.

As far as I know and have read, both versions are exactly the same. Neither one does one thing better than the other. The only thing that I can say is that if you are looking to download accurate rosters, the PS3 will be the easiest way of doing it.

Other than that fact, I can't tell you which to choose.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Well which control style do you prefer? I know they're almost identical now... but I'd go with whichever controller you preferred using most.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I think the 360 controllers are perfect for the sports games
Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I prefer PS3

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I prefer PS3
ps3 too
Old 06-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #7
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

If you can handle it (I probably couldn't) I'd suggest giving it a day or two, keeping a close eye on the impressions threads, and make sure that one version doesn't run slow, freeze a lot, or have some other drastic weakness that the other does not. Having played a lot of MLB 2K7 on both systems, for example, I would NEVER buy the PS3 version if I still had both systems. Hopefully that's not going to be an issue, but you never know. Something to think about.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
If you can handle it (I probably couldn't) I'd suggest giving it a day or two, keeping a close eye on the impressions threads, and make sure that one version doesn't run slow, freeze a lot, or have some other drastic weakness that the other does not. Having played a lot of MLB 2K7 on both systems, for example, I would NEVER buy the PS3 version if I still had both systems. Hopefully that's not going to be an issue, but you never know. Something to think about.
I'd say that's the best advice. For one reason if you're a dynasty junkie, you probably want the rosters. This gives roster makers time to make the rosters and you time to observe what people are saying about the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »