Home

Gamekiller since 06: does it still exist in 08?

This is a discussion on Gamekiller since 06: does it still exist in 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Gamekiller since 06: does it still exist in 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
Number one, I'm calm as can be. If I wasn't, you might see all caps or an exclamation point or two. Number two, he acts as if HFA is something he has no control over. He can turn it off if he so chooses, so it cannot be a gamekiller.
agreed.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #34
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdan7280
Exactly...and you don't HAVE to audible. But if you're going to audible every time, why is it taking so long to pick a play, leaving you no time to audible? Sorry to pile on man, but I think you're alone on this one. Anyhoo, it looks like composure is gone for you this year anyway.
He's not alone.

It's a bit ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I saw a QB call a time out simply because he couldn't get his audible in because the crowd was too loud. If you're slow getting to the line of scrimmage, that's one thing, but if you are up there with 15 seconds and want to make multiple audibles or hot routes, you should be able to get these off with hand signals.

I'm sure some of you may cite some examples of this occurring, but can you honestly say it happens in real life nearly as often as it happens in this game?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 26

well said hogfan...that's probably the way the original poster should've worded it and he wouldn't have got jumped all over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #36
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Yes the composure meter is similar to real life because it makes it harder to shout audibles on the road, but in real life teams are smart enough to use hand-signals instead of trying to scream over thousands of fans...
End of thread. The feature was way overdone and generally speaking pretty lame. How often are teams barking out audibles IRL anyway? A lot of teams use hand signals exclusively, even at home.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
End of thread. The feature was way overdone and generally speaking pretty lame. How often are teams barking out audibles IRL anyway? A lot of teams use hand signals exclusively, even at home.
Not if Brent Musberger is around!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 4

I totally agree with the original poster... audibles are all about hand signals. Manning Audibles all the time and all you really hear him yell is "CHECK CHECK" and then he runs through hand signals.

I think composure/HFA should effect false starts, blown assignments etc. Being really loud should cause lineman to jump etc, and if the composure is off perhaps a Frosh WR drops a pass or a Young QB misses some throws so you have to work short passes to build up confidence or ride a RB.

Also, perhaps a young WR under pressure from the Away crowd runs a wrong route and having a very low composure can cause that... not switching to an audible. And the key would be seeing the ball land in no-mans land instead of having a Safety/CB standing right where your WR should have been and it being an automatic INT.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #39
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
well said hogfan...that's probably the way the original poster should've worded it and he wouldn't have got jumped all over.
Agreed. The term 'gamekiller' is probably what got the thread off to such a rocky start. Otherwise, I don't think there's any question about the matter. The OP, at least in principle, is right on the money.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
He's not alone.

It's a bit ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I saw a QB call a time out simply because he couldn't get his audible in because the crowd was too loud. If you're slow getting to the line of scrimmage, that's one thing, but if you are up there with 15 seconds and want to make multiple audibles or hot routes, you should be able to get these off with hand signals.

I'm sure some of you may cite some examples of this occurring, but can you honestly say it happens in real life nearly as often as it happens in this game?
EA built in a home field advantage. This is very necessary for college football. Does the original poster not agree with the fact it should be harder on the road?

Secondly, yes hand signals can solve that problem. However, would you rather have EA make it easy to audible but then give the home DE a big jump over the OT because they can't hear the snap count? Usually the OL is the one that suffers. Young players do get rattled though playing in front of hostile crowds. The implementation could be improved but the reality is home field should count for something and he can just turn it off. College teams don't audible like crazy anyways.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 06-27-2007 at 05:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »