Home

never saw this discussed so i will ask

This is a discussion on never saw this discussed so i will ask within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
never saw this discussed so i will ask

how would you all feel if you were going to recruit (lets say for Notre dame) and you couldnt recruit the player because of his GPA? Would that be too much or more of what you all want?

just a random thought i had..

any comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: never saw this discussed so i will ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone
how would you all feel if you were going to recruit (lets say for Notre dame) and you couldnt recruit the player because of his GPA? Would that be too much or more of what you all want?

any comments?
i think it would add a sense of realism to the game. I just think EA would go over board with it. But I like the idea
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:

any comments?
I have always wanted to see the academics play a bigger role in the game too but i think they do this to appeal to the masses more. See players drop out who have spotty grades, see them fail to qualify, etc.

I remember one of the games restricted where you could recruit based on record and or conference too.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I think it'd be great if implemented the right way, I'm definately a ND ***** but I respect the fact that they stick to their guns as far as academics.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think this could add a nice twist to recruiting, depending on what college you are. It'd be interesting waiting to see if a player is going to qualify, and trying to decide if your going to spend resources on him or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #6
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

any comments?
I'd love it. Another dimension of realism. Not only could it hurt teams like Notre Dame or Stanford, but on the flip side their academics could really be an influential selling point (if done properly...past games I didn't like the academics pitch).

It would also represent a real life advantage some of the smaller schools have over the few larger conferences that have higher academic standards than the NCAA requirements. The Fresno States and Boise States of the world feed off of the Pac-10 caliber athletes who don't have the grades to into the Pac-10, but meet NCAA req's. Why not have this represented in the game?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime
It'd be interesting waiting to see if a player is going to qualify, and trying to decide if your going to spend resources on him or not.
Since the fact that a player qualifies or not usually happens 4 months after signing day this would be a little unrealistic. I would be much more realistic to have a kids GPA and SAT and if the kid is just off maybe take a flier on a kid that might not make it in.... but they had that in the game previously, a kid just wouldn't commit regardless of how much you spent on him and then it would show them as DNQ.

As far as the limits on GPA etc., I think a lot of that stuff is overblown. Sure a school like Stanford has high limits on GPA/SAT.... but Notre Dames are a little bit overblown and are not close to Stanfords. Just look at Notre Dame's commit list from last year, they have guys with GPA's below 3.0.... just like most everyone else Notre Dame just requires their recruits to make it through the NCAA Clearinghouse and will take kids that just make it in.... but they do tend to take kids with slightly better academics. Fresno St. would clean up though taking all the kids just squeeking in.

But... Notre Dame should not be able to recruit JC transfers because the school does not allow them.

Last edited by Biodawg03; 06-26-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I've always thought Discipline and GPA should be separate. Discipline should only affect guys who go and get themselves in trouble to be suspended. Each player should also have their GPA available (upon scouting them) and, if you get high GPA guys, your Academic rating could grow. If you get low GPA guys, they might not qualify, and your Academic rating would fall. Also the smarter guys could come into their freshman year with higher Awareness than the others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »