Home

What settings do you have your game on

This is a discussion on What settings do you have your game on within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: What settings do you have your game on

7 Min Heisman. Usually gets between 120 & 140 plays, takes about an hour to 1 hour 15 minutes to complete. Average a total of about 400 yards per game total offense, get about 250 to 350 total yards against good teams and roll up 500+ against bottom feeders.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I typically play with AA sliders adjusted in the CPUs favor. I also play with 7 minute quarters which gives me about 120-130 plays per game. Games usually take me about 65-75 minutes to play.
Same for me.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I play on AA 7min qtrs. with adjusted sliders as perfect as I can get them. I have tried Heisman in the past, but it just seems to over done, IMO. I'm anxious to see how the 08 version plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
I go 9 min Heisman. I always get tons of Offensive stats but I'm still trying for realisitic Defensive. If I have a guy finish the year with 70 tackles that is good. The CPU ends up going pass crazy virtually every game, or picks the worst possible running play for the situation (Toss Sweeps still don't work). I am really looking forward to the Super Sim feature, it really kind of sucks when you schedule somebody you think will be a game, then their guys just don't produce, you get some lucky breaks and you are up 28-0 at the half. From there on out, it really just gets boring.
You realize you can adjust the coach settings as well as the sliders. I had Mike Hart run 43 times against me in a game before, the AI just keeps running if they get a lead if you adjust the coach settings properly.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #13
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You realize you can adjust the coach settings as well as the sliders. I had Mike Hart run 43 times against me in a game before, the AI just keeps running if they get a lead if you adjust the coach settings properly.
LOL, um no I did not realize that. I've had the game for a year and never thought about it, where is this at?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
LOL, um no I did not realize that. I've had the game for a year and never thought about it, where is this at?

Something I do to help my tackle totals is to use my star MLB on kickoff team. I usually rack up an extra 3 to 4 tackles per game doing that and have finished the season with over 100 tackles twice in 7 seasons. On average I end up with about 80-90 on the year.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I can never decide between 6 or 7 minutes, or AA or Heisman. I tweak sliders constantly. On 07, I think Heisman worked a little better than AA, but they were far from perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Here is what you do, you go into coach options and you can adjust the team's run/Pass %.

From there, I went onto NCAA.org and got the real run/pass %. Then I took into account ehat type of offense they were running if they were running spread I added 8% to their real life average so for example if a team in real life runs the spread and run/pass % in real life is 50/50, i made them 58% Run/42% Pass. Then in the game, they would actually run around 50% of the time.

I added 6% to the run for west coast offense I think, and 3% for standard offense.

I can't remember my exact formula, but there is a thread about it here.

Anyway, teams like Michigan just pound the ball. Georgia ran for over 400 yards against me when I was South Carolina. If you don't stop the run, they will keep running all day.

I played against Mike Hart with CMU, ND, and Michigan State, and he didn't have less than 30 carries in any game. Michigan didn't even abandon the run down by a couple scores to ND late and made it a very close 34-28 game.

Oh, and its common, even on 7 minute quarters for one of my LB's to get 10+ tackles. I usually have 3 players per team in my 6 team dynasty that will average around 8 tackles per game. Brockington for ND had 43 tackles after 4 games and I only ever control the DT and let the other players just play. It feels more sim-like.

Last edited by fistofrage; 06-28-2007 at 03:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »