Home

NCAA 08 Hands On Impressions: MaddenMatrix

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 Hands On Impressions: MaddenMatrix within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #25
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 08 Hands On Impressions: MaddenMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
why is it not as good? Framerate?

It may not be as "polished" as the 360 but its the same game.
Yeah it's the same game, but it will be better on the 360 because of the frame rate. Maybe it doesn't bother some people, but it's almost like playing a game on a PC, and then adding extra RAM and then having it run smoother. Same type of effect. The choppiness of the games last year on the 360 was a turnoff. I preferred the smoother running current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #26
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

"The defensive AI is obviously much smarter"

"I can safely say you're not going to make a living off scrambling with your QB. Four things are going to hamper your ability to exploit scrambling: Decent QB spys, QB contain, Dynamic Fatigue, and QB fumbling."

Good stuff, though I don't like how we have to "hot-route" our DE's in order for them to contain the outside edges, that's something that should built into their AI.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I come into this thread in hopes of seeing what you guys thought of Maddenmatrix impressions and instead I see another thread flogging that dead horse about FPS. Get over it already, it's a done deal!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Great impressions MadSci.

I miss the days when you were bringing the info MaddenMania style, instead of the current day morons who represent MM (read ChrisS, Steph meh).

Just an FYI, info has been posted regarding ALL of the new ratings added to the game, I think Ian covered it in his OS interview. I have a copy somewhere if anyone is interested. There are something like 6-8 new NG ratings, everything from ROUTERUNNING, HITPOWER, PRESS, RELEASE to the two you already mentioned (SPECT CATCH & CATCH IN TRAFFIC).

Great read!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »