Home

Do we have to buy Alternate Jerseys this year?

This is a discussion on Do we have to buy Alternate Jerseys this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Do we have to buy Alternate Jerseys this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
If my memory serves me correctly, I don't believe there are ANY alternates available at all in 08, neither free nor for purchase.....
Guess your memory isn't serving you very correctly then...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah they came out in like Feb 2007.

I hope they are available sooner....
Old 07-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #11
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
If my memory serves me correctly, I don't believe there are ANY alternates available at all in 08, neither free nor for purchase.....
The next-gen version that was displayed at the Community Day event didn't include alternate uni's, but we have since heard that "they will be in the game in some fashion".

Not entirely sure what to make of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Guess your memory isn't serving you very correctly then...

Uh, not necessarily. What I am saying is that for the game coming in 2 weeks, I don't believe there will be alternate uni's. I had heard this from a friend who does some work with EA.

I know: why would they not offer them in 08 when they did on 07? Good question, and I have no answer. I just am not expecting alt uni's in 08, but will be very pleased if they offer them @ some point, either for free or buy. That's all....
Old 07-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Man, EA amazes me.

How long are they going to do this, there is no other sports games that force you to pay or even DL alternate jersey's. They tried this last year, they were even going to make us pay for each jersey, and it didn't go well with Microsoft. They ended up waiting till the season was over to even allow us to DL the jerseys for free (same with Madden).

Were already paying 10 more dollars for next gen games. Maybe, even more, because I thought Xbox and PS2 versions are going to be $39.99, and they even get all the jerseys.

I don't care, put them in a code, acheivements, whatever, but at least give us a way to unlock them when we get the game, without having to wait for EA to allow them to be available when the season is over.

How much money do they feel they need to make off of us, for jerseys? Come on, EA and Microsoft (Sony too), have more than enough money to not charge for jersey's, that they simply give to people paying $20 bucks less then us.

It's crazy, charge us for classic staduims, classic teams, whatever. But not official NFL jerseys that teams wear on the field. It's not like were asking for every single jersey a team as ever worn. Im just asking for home, away and maybe a couple atlernates for each team.

I just dont understand why they wouldn't add them in this year (if that is indeed the case, who knows till we get the game). They saw what happend last year, the amount of backlash they got from the fans and Microsoft for their little PAY as you PLAY sceme, this year isn't going to be any different. Please, save us the hassle of DL jerseys at the end of the season, and just put them in the game, in some way (unlock, acheivments, codes, whatever).

Im really excited for Madden and NCAA this year, more then ive ever been... please, don't ruin it for me.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Man, EA amazes me.

How long are they going to do this, there is no other sports games that force you to pay or even DL alternate jersey's. They tried this last year, they were even going to make us pay for each jersey, and it didn't go well with Microsoft. They ended up waiting till the season was over to even allow us to DL the jerseys for free (same with Madden).

Were already paying 10 more dollars for next gen games. Maybe, even more, because I thought Xbox and PS2 versions are going to be $39.99, and they even get all the jerseys.

I don't care, put them in a code, acheivements, whatever, but at least give us a way to unlock them when we get the game, without having to wait for EA to allow them to be available when the season is over.

How much money do they feel they need to make off of us, for jerseys? Come on, EA and Microsoft (Sony too), have more than enough money to not charge for jersey's, that they simply give to people paying $20 bucks less then us.

It's crazy, charge us for classic staduims, classic teams, whatever. But not official NFL jerseys that teams wear on the field. It's not like were asking for every single jersey a team as ever worn. Im just asking for home, away and maybe a couple atlernates for each team.

I just dont understand why they wouldn't add them in this year (if that is indeed the case, who knows till we get the game). They saw what happend last year, the amount of backlash they got from the fans and Microsoft for their little PAY as you PLAY sceme, this year isn't going to be any different. Please, save us the hassle of DL jerseys at the end of the season, and just put them in the game, in some way (unlock, acheivments, codes, whatever).

Im really excited for Madden and NCAA this year, more then ive ever been... please, don't ruin it for me.
I agree 100%.

Just one thing you got wrong - while the Xbox version will indeed sell for $39.99, the PS2 version still hangs strong at $49.99.

Another bonus to owning a dead console!

Last edited by TheGamingChef; 07-05-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Man, EA amazes me.

Remember, this is the same company that charges 150pts for the 4 meg "Gilbert Arenas coverboy announcement theme"

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 07-05-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #16
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Zing! They took that from Madden as well. To play as the Bengals alts you need to have had 5 players jailed..
From what I recall, to downlod the Lions alternate black jerseys in Madden 07 the real-life team had to win more than three games a season, ensuring the duds (the uniform, not the team) would remain in moth balls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »