Home

Community Day #2 Questions!!!

This is a discussion on Community Day #2 Questions!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #65
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Community Day #2 Questions!!!

One more thing I got to post before I hit the sack ratings mean everything in this game. And all the ratings actually mean something just year. The producers really spent a ton of time making sure that a WR who is a 95 overall doesn't play the same way as a WR that is an 83 overall the route running rating is just crazy. If your WR has a high route running rating and the CB is a scrub you better double cover his *** because he is going to get toasted lol.

But its not just that rating is all of them a lot of things you can do last year and in current gen just doesn't fly.

The thing that makes it so sim and hardcore is that user skill won't make a guy rated 75 play like an all star he just doesn't have the skills to do it period. If the guy you are controlling sucks well hes going to suck there is really nothing you can do about it. Speed is no longer the most important rating in NCAA. Its been a very long time coming for that and now I think its here. We will get another 10 hours on Thursday with the game and one of the producers so expect to see a lot of video and impressions this weekend.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 07-12-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #66
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

I have one question...simple one...was there PS3 versions of the game at the Community Day?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:37 AM   #67
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

^^ no its not here
Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #68
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

I like the blurb about ratings have such a strong impact. Very insightful. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
^^ no its not here
find out why. EA has told no one nothing about the ps3. I think we deserve some kind of news.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #70
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

Alright just want to check in for a minute with some impressions from the finished version of the game.

1. Heisman is hard as hell and I mean really hard as hell you have to earn every yard and every point you score.

2. All-American is harder than the all-american setting from last year.

3. Precision passing is gone. Wait a minute don't go crazy its been changed but now you have to factor in your WR's or TE's ratings how ****ing sweet is that. I will have a full explanation in my write up this weekend.

EXP. You can throw high passes but only WR'S/TE'S with high jump, and spectacular catch ratings will be able to go up and get the ball. So if you throw high passes to 5'9 WR who has a jumping ability of 88 and a spectacular catch rating of 82 guess what he won't get to the ball. Also you can't user catch those passes ether unless the player who you are using is good at those type of catches.

Its like this across the board ratings mean everything in this game.

4. User skill is back and its better than it was in current gen. Now you must know who you are using and what he is good at. No longer can you take a Safety who is rated a 75 overall and have him playing like R.Nelson or L.Landry.

5. Branching animations/Interruptible animations might be the best addition to any sports title the game play now is so random anything can happen.

6. I have seen 3 and 4 man defender gang tackles they don't happen a lot but they are in there and its all dynamic.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think they said before, that at least the one Community Day was sponsored by Microsoft (hense the no PS3's), if I remember correctly.

Hey Russel, Thanks for giving us the feedback, I didn't here anything for a couple of days and I thought this might have not been going down anymore or something.

Quick question tho (not really to do with the CD), but I don't have xbox live and I want the alternate jerseys. My friends has xbox live tho, would I be able to bring my console over to his house and hook up to his live, or do I need to pay the one month live and get my own? (basically - are the consoles linked with live, and if I bring my console over there and hook up to his internet, would the jersey update pop up for me to DL or would it not work?)

If anyone can awnser that for me, that would be great. I didn't get the jerseys last year becaue I didn't have xbox live. I don't want it to happen again and Im not a big online gamer, so it would be easier to bring my console to a freinds house then waste my money on the one month or 3 month live, for free (hopefully, free) jerseys.

Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #72
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Good stuff Russell. Thanks!

I read in another thread that they've changed the slider settings, please confirm.... or are they still the same: QB ACC, PASS BLK, RUN BLK, TACKLE, INTS, BRK BLK, etc.

If they are new sliders settings, please list them out. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »