Home

CPU vs CPU Discussion

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: CPU vs CPU Discussion

Hey fellas I thought I would join in on the discussion because I am in the same situation. I don't have a lot of time to just sit with a joystick in my hands because of other responsiblitie but enjoy recruiting and setting the lineups. I emailed Quint because I know in the past he had sliders for A.D. mode. But if it is not in this year's version then I'll just keep playing 2007. Which I may as well go ahead and start setting that up right now because I noticed it was not on the demo. I am like the rest of you I don't even know why they took that mode out. It's cool though that gives me something else to spend my $60 on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Here is what I dont get. There is CPU v. CPU. All you have to do is run Super Sim and choose to watch each play. Its not the same as CPU v. CPU but its damn close. You can do this for the entire game and for games that dont involve your team.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #27
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is what I dont get. There is CPU v. CPU. All you have to do is run Super Sim and choose to watch each play. Its not the same as CPU v. CPU but its damn close. You can do this for the entire game and for games that dont involve your team.
Well, it's nice and it definitely is better than last year's option, which was none. The big difference is that you will have to sit and press a button after each play to keep the game going, rather than being able to go about your business and checking in on the game's progress on occasion.

I am glad they have this as an option, but it's still not the same, and why they ever removed true CPU vs. CPU is a real mystery. Another bummer is that I am sure this could be added pretty easily with a patch, but EA is really bad about post-release support for their games.

It's been a standard feature of the series for years, and it's a basic feature for virtually every other sports game released, from College Hoops2K to NHL2K and MLB: The Show. I would like to know the reasoning for taking it out. There is no good reason that I can think of.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes, but you have to click the button for each play, correct? I'd like to step away from the TV, get some work done, come back and see how the game is going.

Why it's not there make entirely no sense to me. They obviously have the offense and defense AI built into the game for singleplayer, yet they've excluded CPU vs. CPU. It's almost like you woulf purposely have to remove this "feature" to make it unavailable - all the pieces are already there.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #29
Rookie

Thanks for the email Quint, that's a shame I guess I'll have to sit this one out and just keep playing 2007 until they fix it. Are they even coming out with NCAA on the last gen systems. I ususally get it on Xbox but since Micorsoft has some agreement with EA Sports to keep their games off of the Xbox 360 I guess I'll have to play on the PS3. And is there any reason for me to purchase 2008 because I haven't heard of any major changes.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #30
Rookie

Hey fellas, I do have some good news for Xbox 360 owners. The 2006 version of NCAA Football is now backwards compatible. So I guess I'm going to have to go back in time for one year and just wait out NCAA football until they come out with cpu vs. cpu on the Xb0x 360 which is fine because that saves me $60. Now I just have to see where I stored it at.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

That's good question? Are they coming out with 2008 for the old Xbox. If so, I wonder if old xbox version will be still have CPU vs CPU in it and can it be backwards compatible. My excitement for the game has went down since I saw this thread saying there is no CPU vs CPU for 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #32
Rookie

Not sure but I think I'll just stick with NCAA 2006 until the next gen returns our mode. I heard there wasn't a big diffrence between 2007 and 2008. And there wasn't that big of diffrence betwen 2006 and 2007. Plus neither were on the backwards compatibility list for 360. I think only the PS3 updates current games. But I have two 360's and only one Ps3 so I can play my dynasty at anytime on the 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »