Home

Official Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Official Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #65
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Official Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastak
Transition between plays seemed really jerky....maybe it's just my system. I'll try again tonight after work. Gameplay seemed ok though.
Same thing here, i am redownloading it since no one else mentioned this.

Good- Was nice to see the CPU miss a FG. The LBs seem a tad slower in pass D and the DBs seemed to play smarter and more realistically. All the D audibles are nice

Bad- I still think too many runs are stopped in the backfield in this series but probably is just me. Very jerky transition between plays, i really don't like the change of play art to the RS + up (which is picky i know)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow this is great, Wow this is great, Wow this is great. I saw these same posts last year for that demo which convinced me to go spend 60 bucks on a POS game. So lets not jump to any wild "best game ever" conclusions just yet.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 14

Game Impressions

I didn't really find the last year's demo to be that good, but still bought the game, in hoping that it'll be better. However, that didn't happen.

This year's demo impressed me a lot because they have revamped the engine to be like current gen and 60 frames per second. I had so much more control over my players and the players moved around very fluidly.

Since they had to take out a lot of stuff like play by play replays and some sorts to cut back on total size, I'm sure that it's a lot better on the full retail version.

This is on Varsity and I still LOST to Michigan, 12-13, even when I consider myself a great player. I'm sure that All American will be much more challenging and still stay realistic.

No momentum is in the game or at least you can't see it, both teams played great plays and the teams aren't being singled out with the momentum. It felt much more fair and give both teams opportunities to create drives.

The animations are great so far. The CPU A.I. is so much more improved. If it still performs the same or better on the full retail version, I'll say that EA Sports has finally stepped up big time for this.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:36 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I just kicked a 41 yard field goal with USC and I hit the kick off the crossbars!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #69

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Same thing here, i am redownloading it since no one else mentioned this.

Good- Was nice to see the CPU miss a FG. The LBs seem a tad slower in pass D and the DBs seemed to play smarter and more realistically. All the D audibles are nice

Bad- I still think too many runs are stopped in the backfield in this series but probably is just me. Very jerky transition between plays, i really don't like the change of play art to the RS + up (which is picky i know)
There's definately some jerkyness going on inbetween plays. There's also some short delay/freezing going on right after you select your play. It's not really bothering the gameplay, but it is there.

I like the game. A lot of the atmosphere concerns may because the commentary is not in the demo. Seems like the passing game is a bit easy, but I immediately tested the QB fatigue and that is a factor. You can still scramble and throw up a prayer. Again, that may be the difficulty setting. It is nice to see the QB get heavy feet after you run all over the place with him.

I also tested the Weather Channel temp. I'm not sure it's online as I looked it up in USC and it wa 66. The game said 75.

One thing I was very annoyed by last year (small gripe but annoying) was how after the play the defenders would do that leap animation. It has been greatly reduced in this year's game, which is a plus.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
One good thing I noticed is that there seem to be a lot of minor injuries that put a guy out for a play or two.
i had a two qrt. "injury" on a kick return. he got drilled pretty bad.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastak
Transition between plays seemed really jerky....maybe it's just my system. I'll try again tonight after work. Gameplay seemed ok though.
I noticed that too. Madden 07 was like that last year for me as well. As long as it doesn't do that during plays, it's ok by me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #72
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

My impressions after playing one half

1) This download is available to Xbox Live silver members, which is free, so there's no excuse for any 360 owner not to have this.

2) 60 fps is more noticeable that I could have ever imagined. This game is silky smooth.

3) player control is much better than last year. I ran a drag pattern, caught a pass, and had immediate control over my player. Last year you'd be thrown into a choppy animation after the catch, and it wouldn't really feel like you were controlling anything until your player made a couple of steps. The overall feel is just so much better.

4) I ran back the opening kickoff for a TD. My guy was chugging hard as he crossed the goal line. I assume this is the fatigue they were talking about in the pre-release interviews. His running animation changed as I ran down the field. I like it.

5) Play select screens are different. Instead of the way it was last year. You arrow left and right to choose a formation, and up and down within the formation to choose your set. For instance, my default was I-form normal. I could click down to 3 WR, twins etc. If I clicked right, I moved to strong I, weak I, shotgun. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but I think I like it.

6) The demo is 2 min quarters on varsity level, so it's not that challenging. No play by play audio either.

That's all for now. I love the responsiveness that I get from this game. And 60 fps makes a world of difference. Anyone who says they won't notice it is just dead wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »