Home

Some impressions at FKrosters

This is a discussion on Some impressions at FKrosters within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Some impressions at FKrosters

Last year was the first year I didn't name my own rosters (a 2 year old and a seven month-pregnant wife finally put the kibosh on that). But as someone who's done his share of them, nobody appreciates more the time and effort that goes into this, especially when trying to be as accurate as possible. FK's roster bailed me out last year and probably for the foreseeable future. As a bit of a control freak and perfectionist, I often have the 'if you want something done right, do it yourself' mentality, so if/when my family situation ever gets more manageable, I hope to do my own again someday (not saying mine are better than FK's, so nobody freak out!).

EA could do all roster namers a HUGE favor and put in the auto-finishing function that College Hoops has. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, the auto-finishing function works like this: you start inputting letters of the name and there's a screen that lists in alphabetical order all the names that meet whatever letter criteria you've entered so far. This makes naming the rosters a hell of lot less time consuming. When I named my own NCAA rosters, I'd say I spent 80-85 hours on the whole project. I estimate the auto-finishing function (if done like in CH), would easily cut out about 20 hours, if not more.

Anyways, rant aside, thanks again FK. Nobody appreciates your work like former roster namers, themselves!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:22 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Some impressions at FKrosters

[quote=ycbs;3230016]Last year was the first year I didn't name my own rosters (a 2 year old and a seven month-pregnant wife finally put the kibosh on that). But as someone who's done his share of them, nobody appreciates more the time and effort that goes into this, especially when trying to be as accurate as possible. FK's roster bailed me out last year and probably for the foreseeable future. As a bit of a control freak and perfectionist, I often have the 'if you want something done right, do it yourself' mentality, so if/when my family situation ever gets more manageable, I hope to do my own again someday (not saying mine are better than FK's, so nobody freak out!).

EA could do all roster namers a HUGE favor and put in the auto-finishing function that College Hoops has. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, the auto-finishing function works like this: you start inputting letters of the name and there's a screen that lists in alphabetical order all the names that meet whatever letter criteria you've entered so far. This makes naming the rosters a hell of lot less time consuming. When I named my own NCAA rosters, I'd say I spent 80-85 hours on the whole project. I estimate the auto-finishing function (if done like in CH), would easily cut out about 20 hours, if not more.

Anyways, rant aside, thanks again FK. Nobody appreciates your work like former roster namers, themselves![/QUO

Agreed. Name generator is a must. Since I could care less about the FIU's of the world, I'd be able to knock out the major conference teams pretty quickly and sprinkle in top guys from lesser teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »