Home

NCAA Rosters Sacked on Xbox 360

This is a discussion on NCAA Rosters Sacked on Xbox 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #25
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Rosters Sacked on Xbox 360

I do think there will be a workaround. There are too many skilled individuals around to think there won't be.

But like Clay said: stay tuned - this is a breaking story, not the final word.

We don't know who's to blame or why - we just know it doesn't work on the 360 at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
I do think there will be a workaround. There are too many skilled individuals around to think there won't be.

But like Clay said: stay tuned - this is a breaking story, not the final word.

We don't know who's to blame or why - we just know it doesn't work on the 360 at the moment.
Guys,

Relax. I spoke to a certain high profile roster creator yesterday and a work around has already been found. The work around can not be done by just anyone, as it involves software that somehow removes this "security" from the roster save file.

This person assured me yesterday that it will be business as usual, with regards to these rosters. The sky isn't falling just yet, folks. Be patient. I'm sure the person I spoke to yesterday will come forward today with a better explanation of the situation.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #27
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Guys,

Relax. I spoke to a certain high profile roster creator yesterday and a work around has already been found. The work around can not be done by just anyone, as it involves software that somehow removes this "security" from the roster save file.

This person assured me yesterday that it will be business as usual, with regards to these rosters. The sky isn't falling just yet, folks. Be patient. I'm sure the person I spoke to yesterday will come forward today with a better explanation of the situation.
I've always assumed there will be a way to transfer rosters due to hacking.... but that's also not really the point.

I'm looking a little bigger-picture here, for what it's worth - the legitimization of roster-sharing as a whole. If roster-sharing is only possible by hacking, then sports gaming is going in the wrong direction, isn't it?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #28
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
I've always assumed there will be a way to transfer rosters due to hacking.... but that's also not really the point.

I'm looking a little bigger-picture here, for what it's worth - the legitimization of roster-sharing as a whole. If roster-sharing is only possible by hacking, then sports gaming is going in the wrong direction, isn't it?
Well, isn't the Datel X-Change a form of "hacking"? It's not a licensed MS product, nor do they support it. So that would mean all roster transfers from the XBox, PS2, and now 360 would be hacked to get it from system to system. The PS3 I would believe is the first system to really allow a save transfer and allow it without any other devices being involved.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 07-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
No doubt about that. I never like to rely on hackers for anything. We know that we have a way for us to have the rosters THIS YEAR. But what about NEXT YEAR? The year after that? EA and Microsoft (whoever the hell is responsible) will only find better ways to secure these save files and eventually, they'll come up with a full proof method that not even the best hackers in the gaming community will be able to crack. Then what?

Good luck with your digging, Shawn. I will eagerly await word on your findings.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
No doubt about that. I never like to rely on hackers for anything. We know that we have a way for us to have the rosters THIS YEAR. But what about NEXT YEAR? The year after that? EA and Microsoft (whoever the hell is responsible) will only find better ways to secure these save files and eventually, they'll come up with a full proof method that not even the best hackers in the gaming community will be able to crack. Then what?

Good luck with your digging, Shawn. I will eagerly await word on your findings.

good point TJ.... But what I see is that if this keeps up we might get player name editing removed from future ncaa games and that would suck big time because even if we cant share files at least we can do it ourselves...

This is not good for future rosters in the series...
Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
If this stops rosters from being done in the future, that is complete BS!
Should this be the case, this will be the last version of this game I buy.

I absolutely have to have the rosters for this game to be of real value to me. And without NCAA draft classes, then Madden becomes that much more non-essential as well.

Oh well, some these last few posts have calmed me somewhat. So wait to see how this plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I think the best advice right now is stay tuned. It's going to be what it is. HOWEVER... if it's a deal breaker for you... you may want to take a few extra days before picking it up next week.
Too late, D'oh! J-Unit40 hooked me up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #32
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

What does EA or the NCAA have to gain by sacking the roster? The people that work on the rosters each year are not making any profit so whats wrong with people editing the rosters and then sharing them?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »